Jumpthru tilemap bug

Report Construct 2 bugs here.

Post » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Problem Description
Trying to use a tilemap as jumpthru object sometime pushes the player sprite upwards, during platform behavior jump, when jumping from below the jumpthru tile. It does not happens to a jumpthru sprite.

Seems to be related to the size of sprite/tilemap collision box or maybe the framerate, cause it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Attach a Capx
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23819129/tilemap_jumpthrough_bug.capx

Description of Capx
Has a tilemap with jumpthru behavior and a sprite with platform behavior.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
    Jump from below the tiles

Observed Result
Sometimes the player sprite gets pushed upwards, like the gif above shows

Expected Result
Just jump through.

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: (YES)
  • FireFox: (YES)
  • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID
r214 64-bit/Steam
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:41 pm

In this way it doesn´t work. You have hundreds of blocks as a tilemap, but it is still one object... Better to use it with solid behavior plus some extra jumpthru platforms as sprites.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:03 pm

I spent a while testing in Chrome, Firefox and Edge and I could never reproduce what the gif shows. Is there any way you can find to reproduce the issue more reliably?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:35 pm

The one jump where you "glitch" through the whole stack of tiles you are very close to the left edge of the stack, I think you landet on the blocks to the left and jumped again.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:53 am

It does happen. It happens to me on Chrome or NW.js.

Notice that the upper left block, the single one "flying", sometimes when I jump through it I go higher. It is like the jump gets a boost or extra jump sustain.

It also happens to me on the game Im working on. We have tables and beds and those objetcs are jumpthrough so you can walk over them. When jumping through them, sometimes you reach higher. Thats why I created this capx to show the bug.
B
S

Return to Bugs