June 2014 contest: Steal money from RPG Maker

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:01 am

It's possible. I scrapped my code and started from scratch keeping already made assets for this competition. I had only started the original build a few days before any way. It was my first attempt at a construct 2 game so was messy in a lot of places so restarting is not the worst thing to happen for the game.

I hope to have a polished game in 3 weeks and the last week will be for testing and adding in extra systems.

It will be tough though!
B
7
S
2
Posts: 32
Reputation: 541

Post » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:20 pm

That's some good money. Too bad,I'm pretty busy with the newgrounds jam, otherwise I would have participated. Good luck robbers!
Image
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
43
S
11
G
11
Posts: 1,154
Reputation: 9,938

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Did anyone buy the humble bundle? I did, just for the fun of it. I don't know if it was worth the effort of installing via Steam. RPGMaker doesn't work when Steam is in offline mode, and after finally starting it, my first attempt was to change the tileset. Half an hour later I gave up and closed it. I doubt that I will start it again :?
Image
B
24
S
8
G
10
Posts: 1,821
Reputation: 8,279

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:50 am

tulamide wrote:Did anyone buy the humble bundle?

I did buy some humble bundles (of games) in the past, but I must admit I had no interest in the RPG Maker one. :)
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
Moderator
B
284
S
109
G
91
Posts: 7,317
Reputation: 87,483

Post » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:02 am

tulamide wrote:Did anyone buy the humble bundle? I did, just for the fun of it. I don't know if it was worth the effort of installing via Steam. RPGMaker doesn't work when Steam is in offline mode, and after finally starting it, my first attempt was to change the tileset. Half an hour later I gave up and closed it. I doubt that I will start it again :?

ummmm bought the deal and have to download it...
B
10
S
2
G
1
Posts: 15
Reputation: 635

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:53 pm

rijilks wrote:ummmm bought the deal and have to download it...
Strange, I had only Steam codes.
Image
B
24
S
8
G
10
Posts: 1,821
Reputation: 8,279

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:57 am

tulamide wrote:
rijilks wrote:ummmm bought the deal and have to download it...
Strange, I had only Steam codes.

Humble only gives steam keys
B
10
S
2
G
1
Posts: 15
Reputation: 635

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:28 pm

rijilks wrote:
tulamide wrote:
rijilks wrote:ummmm bought the deal and have to download it...
Strange, I had only Steam codes.

Humble only gives steam keys

I was in doubt because of the words "have to download it". Did you have any troubles with the application?
Image
B
24
S
8
G
10
Posts: 1,821
Reputation: 8,279

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 am

@tulamide : I did not had any issues yet on my side with RPG maker XP (not tested the VX ace that much though, nostagia and such..)
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
52
S
22
G
18
Posts: 2,122
Reputation: 17,093

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:54 pm

@Ethan, Many Devs myself included made games in 72 Hours for Ludumdare, So that's not really an exploit ;)
B
42
S
17
G
17
Posts: 2,247
Reputation: 17,461

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eneskahveci, fercracktrifirce and 0 guests