June Dev Poll

0 favourites
  • As before, a new dev poll for what you need most next. We're still prioritising the image editor and animations which should come soon, so it's not in the poll. Fine collisions will be based on features in the image editor, so that too will have to wait. In the mean time though, which features are you missing the most?

• Plugin - Sounds and music

Behavior - Physics

• Behaviour: Physics. Can't replicate that easily.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Containers, and I'm betting an Edit box would start to come in handy pretty soon.

Also, I haven't checked if you've added the array access expression, but would it be possible to allow it to be able run variables as arrays?

In CC you can place arrays in variables, but if you were to try to do something like sprite.value("myarray") loopindex, it wont work. That coupled with a way to set delimiters, and local variables, or instance variables would be incredibly powerful.

• My first two picks:

• Tilemap Plugin. I cannot stress how absolutely useful this would be for users in general, and a good portion of the community has been clamoring for it since the 0.x days.
    • Families. Yeah.

My secondary wants would be a Turret behavior and Containers, but the former is mostly because I want it for my game. XD

• "or"...

• - Tilemap Plugin. I cannot stress how absolutely useful this would be for users in general, and a good portion of the community has been clamoring for it since the 0.x days.

I was hoping there would be more talk of this early on. I feel it will keep being pushed aside, eventually forgotten, and never implemented..or that by the time it's brought up again, it'll be too late..or something.

• Here goes my two cents :

* Plugin : Function

* Behavior : RTS like in CC (with maybe a bit more customisation available for the dev)

I'm really missing the function plugin that allowed for so much automation. I even think that a tilemap editor (supposedly a big claiming from the community) could be achieved and reused in C2 thanks to this plugin.

The RTS would mainly ease my work on my actual projects, but that could be "easily" worked around thanks to the function plugin.

With the function plugin, the event sheet includes will be required imo.

• Plugin : Tilemap

Behavior : Physics

But Families is kinda important too.

But what i miss the most is of course animations

• Containers, man. Those things are pretty much the best thing ever.

I also miss event-sheet includes

• Surprised nobody's brought this up yet anywhere, but how about the ability to change z order during runtime?

• Oops! I removed the 'Event groups' option because it's added in the newest build, but it reset all the votes to zero!

Sorry, you'll have to vote again... but you may as well because 'Event groups' used to be the most popular option!

• I say event sheet includes, and families.

I use these all the time.

• I'm voting for families and functions.

• Animations, man... I'm still waiting for those.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)