Just before releasing a game... (help!)

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 pm

In feeblethemighty's recent Guyman Hero thread he was having audio distortion problems as well. Apparently XA2 was creating multiple instances of itself on restarting a layout. He checked the "No serialize" attribute and that fixed it.

You could try that, eh it couldn't hurt vv
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 pm

As far as I can tell, nothing works. In one version of the project I got the crashes to stop, but then it wouldn't play anything via channels anymore. None of it makes any sense. None of it follows any patterns. I've never felt this confused in my life.

What drives me crazy is that for more than nine months, while I was working on this game, none of these issues showed up once. I playtested it over and over, and I never had any of this.

*sigh*
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm

If you like, you can pm your .cap to me and I'll take a look. It might help to have another set of eyes on it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:15 am

[quote="deadeye":j0tvtmcl]If you like, you can pm your .cap to me and I'll take a look. It might help to have another set of eyes on it.[/quote:j0tvtmcl]

I'm not sure that'll be so easy - it's nearly 20MB big, and very, very long. (And probably very silly.) But thank you very much for the offer. If I can't solve this tomorrow, I might send you something to have a look at.

However - it appears that despite my despair, at least one of these issues has a rational answer. I still can't explain the crashing, or why the damn thing was refusing to play anything via the channels, but I might be able to explain the tinny sound I kept getting at random. My computer has two sound drivers (and two sound cards) installed. I just ran the game on my wife's computer, and it seemed fine. Of course, when these things are so random it's hard to be sure, but it's a possibility. One that I will look into further tomorrow, when I've gotten some sleep.

By the way, many thanks to all of you for your advice and your patience. Another thing about Construct that is really awesome.
B
G

Post » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:26 am

Okay then. The offer still stands, though. Just let me know if you change your mind.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic