Just received an offer for a non-exclusive license

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:13 pm

It's the first time this ever happened to me, so I'm quite...dazzled.

I recently finished a game (Penguin Slider, can be played at Scirra Arcade). and sent it to some gaming portals

One of them just answered, offering me 500$ for a non-exclusive license.


I would like to have some advice regarding this. Is it a good offer? Should I ask for revenue share based on how many plays the game have?


Thanks!
B
14
S
6
G
3
Posts: 102
Reputation: 3,997

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:10 pm

That's the average rate for non-exclusive. You can try negotiating up to $1,000, just depends how much you value your game. Exclusive average at $2,000.
For revenue share, your best bet is to just do it yourself by using cocoonjs+ads and keep 100% of revenue.
B
50
S
11
G
7
Posts: 274
Reputation: 8,146

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:49 pm

@pcfernandesjr how long did it take from the time you sent it to them to the time you got the offer? For your first game $500 is not that bad at all.
B
49
S
12
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,603

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:27 am

PixelPalette wrote:That's the average rate for non-exclusive. You can try negotiating up to $1,000, just depends how much you value your game. Exclusive average at $2,000.
For revenue share, your best bet is to just do it yourself by using cocoonjs+ads and keep 100% of revenue.


I see.Thanks for the tip!

BluePhaze wrote:@pcfernandesjr how long did it take from the time you sent it to them to the time you got the offer? For your first game $500 is not that bad at all.


Working at night during 1 and 1/2 week.

Yeah, I did a quick search around, and @PixelPallete's reply sort of confirms that. It seems like $500 is slightly above the average price practiced. :)


Thanks for the attention guys!
B
14
S
6
G
3
Posts: 102
Reputation: 3,997

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:42 am

Sorry I meant how long did it take them to make an offer after you submitted your game?
B
49
S
12
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,603

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:58 am

Congratulations on your offer :)
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
175
S
41
G
34
Posts: 4,385
Reputation: 54,240

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:26 am

That's a brillant start, congratulations!
B
37
S
4
G
2
Posts: 45
Reputation: 4,002

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:30 am

BluePhaze wrote:Sorry I meant how long did it take them to make an offer after you submitted your game?


Oh, i see. After uploading the game on Gamejolt, I sent some e-mails to gaming portals. It took 5 days to have a reply from one of them.

Tom wrote:Congratulations on your offer :)


Thanks Tom! And thanks to Scirra for making this possible to me :)

KennyOops wrote:That's a brillant start, congratulations!


Thanks Kenny!
B
14
S
6
G
3
Posts: 102
Reputation: 3,997

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:04 am

Great job man! That's a good rate for a non-exclusive license with no changes to the game.
B
101
S
32
G
11
Posts: 1,546
Reputation: 21,727

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:02 pm

care to share your game portal list who sponsor html5 games ..
B
4
S
1
Posts: 13
Reputation: 380

Next

Return to Distribution and Publishing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest