Just Saying Hello

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hi guys and gals,

I go to college for web design and development and got turned on to Construct 2 from a game major friend and I got to admit I like what I see so far.

I was wondering if there are any things I should know before I jump in. Are there any tools or resources out there that are MUST haves?

Thanks for your time and hope to talk to you soon!

-V

• nope, just start doing some beginner tutorials and you'll be good. Then when you get a little comfortable try to make a small game. Rinse and repeat... have fun..

• While it's not a must have, Spriter is really a fantastic compliment to C2. Not only does it make life super easy for your animators, but saves you a whole bunch of time and effort when it comes to importing and using animations.

So while it's not in any way integral, I highly recommend you check it out!

• And just like coding in other languages, Skittles and Mountain Dew go a long way on late nights.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Paradox

Don't fore-get the coffee my good man. (Preferably java coffee if you really wanne show your obsession for programming)

• Just don't feed the trolls...give them fuzzy logic and they'll feed themselves...

• Hello Vaidher

I have been using C2 for not too long now, and this is what helped me got started.

The manual and tutorials are a wonderful place to start as Jobel has mentioned. There are many video tutorials as well, which should help you get familiar even faster. Also look for a set of video tutorial from Yann and Kyatric. It is really a fantastic set of videos that will help you get to understand most of C2's functions and how it works, while still being entertaining!

• Thanks for all the info!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)