Ka-Boom Boom Boom

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:33 am

Nice work Geo, I like that you can access the other episodes from each game.

The difficulty in this episode ramps a little too slowly for me. I think if you made your enemies move a bit (instead of staying static) not only would it increase the difficultly but it would give a bit of life to your game as well.

The dialogue between Jim and his nemesis reminds me of Metroman, they seem to have more fun jesting than actually shooting each other down (which is fun). It would be nice if there was some faces to go with the dialogue (since this episode seems to be more story driven).

Episode 2 i still my fav - but its really good that you are trying new things. As always good job and best of luck in Kongregate Geo.GenkiGenga2012-04-25 03:33:52
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:13 am

Great game logic and experience Geo. To give some ideas I can go trought the design elements:
- backgrounds: ok, it the asteroids moving? I cant decide! :)
- buttons: good usability, but a little Win95 feeling (tip:Photoshop Web2 gradients: http://www.dezinerfolio.com/2007/03/14/ultimate-web-20-gradients-free-download)
- yellow mission text: good usability, readable on any bg. Maybe soe trick to make it fit better to the design?
- table grey bg: you may use some terrian bg.

Altrought the game is very good, the movies are placed in good "rhytm" and the tutorial is supeb!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks @GenkiGenga and @Epox.

Yes good idea, I think I'll make the enemies move up and down a bit in the next episode.

The asteroids aren't moving, I thought about making them slowly move but dropped it for the same reason as above.

I don't have Photoshop unfortunately but yes, the gradients look good, I might try to "copy" them.

Most graphics (all but the "exit gate" and the buttons actually) are from the Scirra bundle he he.

Thanks again for the feedback!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:35 am

Ohh, @Geo... I have the bundle in my harddrive, but did not used it yet. :)

Maybe a gimp gradient set will be more useable for you: http://gimp-tutorials.net/130-UltimateWeb20-Gradients-for-Gimp

I know that the game design is very different from web design what I have experience in, but to have several (2 or 3) main colors in UI elements may be a good practice in this area too.

I mean that You have the green/blue/grey colors in level select: the green is an open/choosable level, bule is movie (what is like a "misc" property), and grey is closed.
You may use these colors in the gameplay to let players use their "color-meaning experience" in levels too: green for normal play controls, like the bg of bombs, and the Ka-Boom!! button. Blue for misc UI elements like restart, select level, or music/sound on/off and grey for non active/non clickable elements like mission title and brief.

Well, if I read it again, I can not imagine a perfect way to do it. But I've typed this theoretical idea already so post it and you may ignore... :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:30 am

Hey guys, quick update, next episode is out, check it out

@GenkiGenga Thanks, Added movement for enemy ships, ground rocket launchers, made the game a bit harder - I think you'll enjoy this episode more. And of course, the story continues...

@Epox - thanks, but I didn't have time to polish it. My graphics artist skills need some sharpening, polishing takes me too long time, I prefer to make one more game at this point in time. I guess I'm not at that phase yet, I feel I need to build stronger foundation and get more experience before moving to polishing. But I'll get there for sure, probably not with the Ka-Boom Boom Boom series, but with a separate project.

Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:56 am

Good job dude. I've been playing all the episodes now and it's really cool that you always propose something new.

I agree with Genkigenga on some points concerning the difficulty and the enemies who are not moving. Keep up your work anyway.

Are you working on another kind of project by the way? If yes, is it still taking place in space?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 am

You were right Geo, this is definately my new fav in the ka-boom series. The difficulty is good. All the extra action is great.

Well done.GenkiGenga2012-04-27 09:15:29
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:16 pm

This new episode is cool. @Geo I understand your decision, the production is more important than to be perfect in graphic arts. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:37 pm

@anthonykojima Thanks! I'm not working on anything else atm (except job and family lol), trying to keep my projects small so that they get done. I have an idea for a Jumping Jack (the Spectrum game) clone I would like to create, but can't decide on the proper implementation.

@GenkiGenga, @Epox Thanks I'll let you know when I publish the next one.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations