KaiOS and C3 games?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Could it be possible to make games for KaiOS with C3?

Basically, HTML5 apps/games should work with the OS, but it's intended for lower-end devices... There have been some performance issues with C2/C3 games in the mobile field, but maybe with the new runtime?

KaiOS is based on Mozilla's open source B2G OS. The apps are built purely with HTML/JS/CSS stack and any web application/website that is mobile friendly can be an app with just minor modifications. inbuilt webIDE can be used to build apps for Mozilla OS, see more here.

KaiOS

There will be quite a big market in developing countries, and for instance, Nokia is coming up with a new KaiOS phone 8110 4G.

• Very interesting. But it'll be tough for a new OS to break into the market of developing countries. Since people are so crazy about Android phones and the OS is available even in sub 50 USD phones. But I hope it works, iOS is great, but I have never been a fan of Android, seems pretty unpolished to me.

I would love to see more and more websites hosting HTML5 games exclusively for mobiles. I mean there has to be something that gives tough competition to the Android and iOS stores, a website hosting premium games with a one-off payment to the devs would be awesome.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • C2 already exports to BtG, Open Webaps.

• C2 already exports to BtG, Open Webaps.

Oh, that’s good to know. Haven’t ever noticed, because haven’t needed... but is it any way usable performance wise?

• Technically its identical to the Html5 export.

I made an app for the FFos store way back, and it seemed to work fine.

I also agree with what karan316 said, but only selling in the third world countries is what killed Btg.

• Technically its identical to the Html5 export.

I made an app for the FFos store way back, and it seemed to work fine.

I also agree with what karan316 said, but only selling in the third world countries is what killed Btg.

Third world countries? What do you mean by that?

• Well I'm not calling them terrible places as you seem to be assuming.

They are developing countries as you yourself have already stated. Countries with spotty coverage, and slow infrastructure.

Im saying that not selling to the large markets is what made it not be viable.

• ...Countries with spotty coverage, and slow infrastructure...

Australia for example.

• > ...Countries with spotty coverage, and slow infrastructure...

>

Australia for example.

• >

> > ...Countries with spotty coverage, and slow infrastructure...

> >

> Australia for example.

>

Rest assured all U people living in developing countries, ur internet is probably better than ours here in Aust :'(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)