Karradash (Roguelike RPG) I need your feedbacks

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:28 pm

bood wrote:
deathff wrote:But what do you think about the "basic" behavior of enemies? Do you think that they are too easy to kill?

I think a countdown top and centered may incite players to try to finish the level faster, wheter they die or just lose score, as an higher score gives higher rewards when moving to the next level.

The score is actually based on time. And there are some random events (I don't know if you have found them) that have a countdown (like: kill 50 enemies in 2 minutes, find the exit in 30" etc...)

I don't like games with a time limit, but I can give a clue about the score loss.

Tips on how can I avoid the "enemy stuck" issue?
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Update 0.9.3

- Hud now disappears when the player get close to it.
- I'm trying to fix enemy's IA before creating new behaviors. Also, enemies can now flee when hit by player's bullets.
- I've changed the graphic for the player character, but I still have to fix it.
- Added some new events, like the "Room of Poison"
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:48 pm

deathff wrote:The score is actually based on time. And there are some random events (I don't know if you have found them) that have a countdown (like: kill 50 enemies in 2 minutes, find the exit in 30" etc...)

I haven't seen any events :cry: . How does the game inform about them?

deathff wrote:Tips on how can I avoid the "enemy stuck" issue?

The best tips would come from knowing how have you made the enemy movement, to understand why it is failing. Without that, I can only talk about a generic trick, an event to check when an enemy is stuck to move him out of there. Something like:

Pick active enemy
Speed = 0
Not collision with player

And then you make some action to get it out of there. You could use the 8direction behavior, move it up, check if it's still stuck, move right, etc.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:09 pm

bood wrote:
deathff wrote:The score is actually based on time. And there are some random events (I don't know if you have found them) that have a countdown (like: kill 50 enemies in 2 minutes, find the exit in 30" etc...)

I haven't seen any events :cry: . How does the game inform about them?

The music change, a message with the task appears and a timer starts. Special tasks are not very common (2% chance every level).

deathff wrote:Tips on how can I avoid the "enemy stuck" issue?

The best tips would come from knowing how have you made the enemy movement, to understand why it is failing. Without that, I can only talk about a generic trick, an event to check when an enemy is stuck to move him out of there. Something like:

Pick active enemy
Speed = 0
Not collision with player

And then you make some action to get it out of there. You could use the 8direction behavior, move it up, check if it's still stuck, move right, etc.

I've changed a couple of things in the new version, I think that is a little better. Anyway, I'm using the find path behavior to move enemies and if they collide with other enemies or walls -> Push customMovemento out of solid(nearest)
Last edited by deathff on Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:13 pm

facecrime wrote:I also quite like this one, so much in fact that i had to check your mazes of karradash 2 and here too i'm impressed with your focussed and well executed efforts! What was that made in? Hope you'll bring this one to a comparable visual level!

Thank you. I've used another engine to made Mazes of Karradash (but I don't know if I can write the name here :D )
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:56 pm

I found my first event :D .

Enemies move better now, but... is the final boss supossed to flee too? Because it does :P .
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:28 pm

It's just the first boss, so I'll probably let him flee :D
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:45 pm

So I'm powerful enought to scare a dragon, great :) .

When I have over 20K gold to improve the town, its boring to click on farm, improve, then click on farm again, improve, and click on farm again, etc. It would be faster if the improve button updated itself after clicking it, so we can improve many levels without having to click the same building many times.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:20 pm

It's just a temporary solution, be patient and I'll fix it soon :D
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:31 pm

Update!

I've changed a lot of graphic and fixed the interface. There are new enemies (in later levels), new power ups and a new multiplayer mode (I have to fix some stuff but it works).

You can find everything here: http://68k.prisma-comunicazione.it/karr ... index.html
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests