Keyboard controls not working in Facebook app

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 am

Ran into the exact same issue when using the iframe for Kongregate. My solution was similar, but to also account for the user clicking over into chat during game play (i.e. after on start of layout) I instead went with using the browser focus action on the mouse any click event. That way when they click back into the game, it gives focus back to the game and the keys again work.

Something else to consider when designing apps that sit in an iFrame that the player might click outside of.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 am

Is there an event for on focus lost? May want to put some type of pause action whenever the game loses focus with a message telling them to click/touch in the game area to continue...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:29 pm

@Ashley,

I'm working on rebuilding the facebook plugin and would gladly add an onfocus/unfocus condition. Can you point me to information on checking for focus or do you have an idea on what to add? I'm thinking it should be a trigger event so when it loses focus it fires the condition(onfocus). Is this in the browser plugin for me to look at by any chance?

My plugin link
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General