Keyboard/Touch Input for mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:20 am

I understand adding "Keyboard Input" if keys are used during game play, because you have to define the key functions, but if they are only being used to type is it really needed? Entering a player name for example.

Some mobile devices have a mouse or have the ability to be hooked up to one. Does "Touch Input" work with a mouse if exported to another device?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:00 pm

depends.
you can make "fake keyboard" - all buttons as sprites, and when you press one of the buttons - add that letter to the name.
of course you'd have to make delete key / every button key / delete all key.

when you use keyboard it automatically gives you available android/ios keyboards. but they can't be stylized. or integrated inside game, they appear above game.
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:03 am

So if I only had one field in the whole game that required keyboard for input, but the rest of the game is mouse or touch, I still have to add keyboard? I am asking if smart devices will automatically recognize input fields and bring up keyboard or if keyboard input has to be added into the project so the device will recognize a text field?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am

you can implement that or use existing keyboard as it works normally.
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General