[Kickstarter] Adaptive Music

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:40 am

I've ran into a small issue with the sample game. For some reason it is generating far too many enemies and I've tried to identify the issue all day but just can't pick why it's happening.

I am using a system where a global variable called Enemies starts at 0
as enemies are spawned in, it adds 1 to that variable.
as an enemy is destroyed, it subtracts 1 from that variable

I have a condition in place so that if the Enemies variable is less than 11 a new enemy can be spawned in.


For some reason even with this (what I figured) water tight setup, when 1 enemy is destroyed it creates around 80 more in quick succession :s
Last edited by Jax on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
6
S
1
Posts: 72
Reputation: 723

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:23 pm

I have not gone through scirra behaviours yet. I have used game salad a lot which is similar and I can say you need to make sure a particular variable is nested under a particular variable. How you nest them is very important.

I will probably go through some tutorials but I am late with all the other works as I was offline for a week.
Image
B
21
S
9
G
3
Posts: 156
Reputation: 3,565

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Yeah I am finding the way construct handles instancing and things is very different to the way other software I have worked in like Unity deal with things.

I am actually looking at building a similar demo game in UE4 using blueprints as well just so it can have an example file for usage and reference purposes.

I now have most of the sample game completed and am just waiting to get a few of the strange bugs being experienced looked into. Some are not bugs I'm sure but there are others which most likely are.
B
6
S
1
Posts: 72
Reputation: 723

Previous

Return to Tools and Resources

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests