Kiira will help! :D

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:30 pm

@danielshunter yepp, no problem!

@Rosareven Would you by chance want something that's actually the legit RPG maker sprite template? Because if you want something that looks just like that, I actually suggest you use this website:
http://charas-project.net/charas2/index.php

It has a BUNCH of character templates and assets that you can add to them just from a click of a mouse. :) Why waste time spriting like me when you can use this? xDKiira2013-04-06 18:31:34
B

Post » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:47 pm

@Kiira I do use that website's character generator. I just want to learn by example how someone would make a complete sprite sheet so fast like you, which you might not agree but you're doing a lot more efficiently than I am. Thanks for pointing out charas-project though.

There will come a time when I have to sprite my own characters just in case charas-project isn't enough (or if charas-project is down!).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Well... I mean, I could give you more templates to work from, but it really wouldn't be too different from Charas project rpg sprite bodies that they have on there. I guess the way to make a sprite sheet is just to think about it all before you make it, or take something to work from. The zombie sprite sheet I made I actually just had a sprite of an adventure guy jumping so I changed the size and changed it into a zombie then two more that faced up and down instead of left (the original sprite was facing left).
That's the easiest way, just work from an example, as you're trying to do here, but to work from scratch you'd need to know where to generally change each pixel before you start and it's a bit complicated, but gets easier because you can go back and change it. Hmm :P Idk if I can help much there, but I can give you another template if you'd like?
I'd just advise you to think of it more like you're making something in Minecraft. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks of it that way. I just plan the whole thing out before I even start and then I build it, block by block.
B

Post » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Actually you know what, it's not a sprite template that I need, but your advise right there. In the end I really just want to learn how to "dress my own characters" so to say.

From time to time I also wonder exactly how many new 16x16 sprites can the world make, since you know, there're only 16x16 possibilities... And one pixel of difference is going to make it look the same.

Thank you for being a big help =D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Oh haha it's no problem at all. Well, that's some complicated math right there... I wouldn't know how to write it... Ugh, I shouldn't have forgot that part of Algebra class, since I just went over it, but I'll look on the calculator... Oh!
16! + 16! = x
255 * 255 * 255 (for RGB) * 100 (for opacity) = y
yCx
I believe that would be a reasonable equation. :)

EDIT: My bad, it would be 255 * 255 * 255 = y then y! then y! * 100 = y
and that's over 1 million results. xD
Kiira2013-04-06 22:52:30
B

Post » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 am

@danielshunter You want some more platformer tiles? it seems I ran myself out of work. Haha
B

Post » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:59 am

@Kiira Mainly for the platform tiles I am looking for a template that covers Flat ground, corner tiles, side tiles, and sloping tiles. THe issue I have is doing it in a way where the tiles are seamless and fit together well when doing the sloped pieces. The image I posted before has rough pieces based on a grid that I did for a sample game level.

I have sides, corners, and flat areas, but had issues trying to do slopes. So mainly I am just looking for a template I can use to create them with my own tiles sets.

Thanks again for any assistance you can lend...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:38 am

Hey Kiira, if you are out of work, think you can mix some spooky, suspenseful ambiance? Nothing jumpy, just smooth and "quiet".
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:08 am

yes please mate
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:07 pm

hi its me again lol could u also make me a some 3d models super heroes adventures and a Mario style 3d character and a few backgrounds and animtions like shoot laser vision fly fight kick punch get hurt lasso flash shrink and grow and ride on another sprite I know its a lot so I was wondering in the not so far future when I can buy and run a big company I will try and hire u   but im only 15 and im not rich(yet) and I will give u credit in my games   , and if you can thanks no rush mate,if you cant no worrys
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests