Killing one enemy from a group of duplicates

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Enemy turtles pack including fifteen fully animated variations
  • Hi,

This is my first time here on the forums, so please excuse me if I'm not posting according to community standards.

I'm having a problem with my game where I have duplicates of one type of enemy in one layout, but when the player kills one of the copies, all of them get destroyed. There are also different types of enemies in the game, and they're all under one Family called 'Enemies'.

I actually found a thread on the forum that shows exactly what my problem is and people showing solutions:

scirra.com/forum/how-do-i-not-kill-off-all-enemies-simultaneously_t166619

Replies to the OP suggest manipulating the unique ID of the enemies, but I'm not sure how you go about this on CC. The most useful answer (which ultimately came from the OP) is a YouTube tutorial video, but it's unfortunately only applicable to Construct 2. Here's the video that the OP linked in his thread:

youtu.be/KN_QXfiHVbw

Just wondering if there is any way I can replicate what that video tutorial did with the enemy UIDs, but in CC.

Thanks!

• Nevermind, I was able to find the solution through trial and error. Thanks to anyone that was looking into this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are too complicated mate. Try to find and learn something about object picking in construct and how it works:

In this case:

If bullet.object collides with enemy.object

then {destory enemy.object}

The only enemy.object that will be destroyed is the one that its collision has been taken into acount. In other words, despite you have 5 same enemy.objects in the layout, the bullet will only destroy the one enemy it hits

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)