KillSlay ZombieDie [Leaderboard] Zombie Defense

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
A small template showing how to build a firebase ranking
  • [UPDATE 14.5.2012]

Allrighty.

After a few months from doing absolutely nothing, I decided to continue on this game. I bought construct 2 so that I can endlessly make stuff.

So to speak.

Now then, a few major changes in the game:

• Darker theme
    • Dark background music
    • Added a whole bunch of new particles/effects.
    • Mines now work (Press space to place a mine) HINT: In the way of either a boss or a green zombie.
    • Lots of sounds changed.
    • Made a sort of inventory/stats bar down at the bottom

And perhaps a few other things.

So go ahead and play the newly updated game here:

Play here: KillSlay ZombieDie LINK NOW WORKS! :D

Try it, and tell me what you think!

PS: It takes a while before the sounds are loaded, the first time you do something, it's a delay in the sound (no preload.. yet)

[END OF UPDATE 14.5.2012]

Hey guys.

I started working with Construct 2 a week ago. And I've allready used up the Free Edition actions. So I'll give you guys a link to my game that I've made. If I get good enough feedback I'll buy a Construct 2 licence and continue to improve on the game.

KillSlay ZombieDie

Controls:

WASD - Move

Mouse - Look

Left Mouse Button - Shoot Bullets

Right Mouse Button - Shoot Rockets

Space - Place Mines ( Doesn't work, not enough space to make the actions needed )

R - Reload Pistol

M - Mute Music

K - Play Music

There is no end to the game, monsters gradually get stronger and eventually (and hopefully) you'll die. Moahhaha.

That's it.

A few bugs I allready know of.

• The timer in top right corner dissappears when the score exceeds 1000 or when the numbers are too wide. [FIXED]
    • When you die, the "Try Again" button does not reset the timers, so the time spent on the dead screen is added automatically to the difficulty clock.
    • The Leaderboard might sometime not load the scores properly. Even though the code is 100% Correct.
    • Rockets doesn't work on the really tiny spawns. ( Again, not enough room for actions )

Things I'd like to add:

• Buildable turrets
    • Mines ( Duh )
    • Level up system
    • More weapons
    • More enemies
    • Special levels
    • Unlockable items
    • Better looking sprites
    • Barb wire
    • Oil puddle
    • LAN CO-OP

I didn't bother to much to make my own sprites, so I just mended the existing ones. I did however spend most of my time with the gameplay/coding.

So yeah, tell me what you think. And as I said, if I get alot of positive feedback, I'll buy a Construct 2 license and improve the game :)

Link to the game:

KillSlay ZombieDie

• This is a very nice adaption of the ghost tutorial. Shooting and reloading is satisfing, loved using grenades on the boss.

I could easily imagine this being really fun once you have added even a few of those things on your to do list.

• This is a very nice adaption of the ghost tutorial. Shooting and reloading is satisfing, loved using grenades on the boss.

I could easily imagine this being really fun once you have added even a few of those things on your to do list.

Thank you! It's nice to get a bit of feedback! :) Really appreciate it! I acctually can't stop thinking about making this game better so it's only a matter of time before I buy a lisence and continue!

Again, thank you!

• Haha no worries Jon - and i definately know the feeling.

Ive been consumed for 2 months :)

• Allrighty,

I've added to the game a new background, and I've tweaked the game a bit, because with alot of luck you could acctually never die in the game. So that has been changed.

You like the new background? Or is it too girly? :D

KillSlay ZombieDie

• A few pics:

Start Screen:

In Game:

End Screen:

• Hi Jon, i've tried your game, quite good. But i'm always got insufficient ammo :D

Oh ya, when pick up the yellow ammo, it not actually add the ammo, please check it.

• Really cool game Jonsterz,

As Handi said, we run out of ammo to quickly and I will suggest to add more bullets to the player at the beginning and make ammo spawn more often.

Another bug, when I tried to kill a baby alien with the rocket (big bullet), it doesn't work. It could be good to try to kill them with these rockets too.

Please, when you will have time, feel free to try also my game "This is Cute!" and leave me some feedback. You can play it through my signature.

• Really cool game Jonsterz,

As Handi said, we run out of ammo to quickly and I will suggest to add more bullets to the player at the beginning and make ammo spawn more often.

Another bug, when I tried to kill a baby alien with the rocket (big bullet), it doesn't work. It could be good to try to kill them with these rockets too.

Please, when you will have time, feel free to try also my game "This is Cute!" and leave me some feedback. You can play it through my signature.

Thank you! Means alot to get some feedback! I was thinking of making the green monsters have a chance to drop bullets aswell, they allready drop bombs but it's quite rare. Also, the big boss that appears has a chance to spawn a perk that increases bullet damage by +1.

Yeah, the baby monster + rockets doesn't work. I'm aware of that (says so in the description also), but I can't fix it because I've used up all the actions in the Free Edition.

Thank you for the feedback, means alot! :)

• pretty good game man!! Guess the 3rd score is mine :)

• pretty good game man!! Guess the 3rd score is mine :)Congratulations man! :) You had a bit of luck aswell if you managed to get 1.200 points!

Thanks for the comment, means alot to hear it! Thank you so much ^_^

• Allrighty.

After a few months from doing absolutely nothing, I decided to continue on this game. I bought construct 2 so that I can endlessly make stuff. So to speak.

Now then, a few major changes in the game:

• Darker theme
    • Dark background music
    • Added a whole bunch of new particles/effects.
    • Mines now work (Press space to place a mine) HINT: In the way of either a boss or a green zombie.
    • Lots of sounds changed.
    • Made a sort of inventory/stats bar down at the bottom

And perhaps a few other things.

So go ahead and play the newly updated game here:

KillSlay ZombieDie

Try it, and tell me what you think!

PS: It takes a while before the sounds are loaded, the first time you do something, it's a delay in the sound (no preload.. yet)

• Link on first post now fixed, my bad.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Any comments? Is it better than it was before? Anything you'd like me to add? ^^

• Looks good but cannot play because I cannot work out how to turn off the quick find in Firefox. Its driving me bonkers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)