Code: Select all
+Kirby inhaling is false
 -Insert basic animations in sub-events

+Kirby inhaling is true
-play inhaling animation
  +button is released
  -set inhaling to false

etc. etc.

This way the basic animations / mechanics are only in effect if a set of bools are false. If one is true an exception is made and new animations & mechanics take over.
But whatever, there's probably a dozen different ways to handle this stuff!

Anyway, looks like a solid Kirby engine so far. Only things I'd suggest are lowering Kirby's acc/dec, and dividing his Y vector instead of setting it to 0 when releasing jump (will make it more floaty). Depends on how close you want to be to the original games though. He's actually much easier to control here haha.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 09, 2016 7:01 am

Tokinsom wrote:lowering Kirby's acc/dec, and dividing his Y vector instead of setting it to 0 when releasing jump (will make it more floaty). Depends on how close you want to be to the original games though. He's actually much easier to control here haha.

Thank you :D I'll probably don't touch the "set Y vector to 0" because I kind of like it that way x), and I'm a bit afraid it might be possible to abuse a non-zero y-vector in that case (by releasing the jump button at the very top of your jump for extra height), unless that issue isn't there if it's low enough while still succeeding in the floatiness department. Granted, Kirby can fly indefinitely, but I think I'll put a limit to that, seeing how much of the games that ability can trivialize.

But what did you mean by lowering the Acceleration/Deceleration exactly?
B
S

Post » Mon May 09, 2016 4:40 pm

VonFirflirch wrote:But what did you mean by lowering the Acceleration/Deceleration exactly?

Well in the original game his acceleration and deceleration are a bit lower - it takes him a tiny bit to start running at full speed, and he "slides" a bit after stopping. In your engine he starts walking at max speed and stops instantly. But again, it's all about how close to the original you're trying to get.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests