Kitty Pot Cracker for Android

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks flatness, the 2600 was the first video game console my family owned. This game is a nice throwback to the good old days. You have had quite the amazing career in video games, I look forward to what you have cooking!
ImageImage
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:26 am

Here is a first look at the snake enemies attacking the building. Next screen is what happens when the building takes too much damage and drops to the ground. Finally the last screenshot is a glimpse at the first stage boss.

ImageImage
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:56 pm

Great idea!How about dunamic day and night change?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Thanks lolish and sorry I didnt respond sooner! Thanks for the idea, I did the dynamic day and night change on one of my other games and was great because the stage was long. In this game the stages only last about one to two minutes so Im not sure if its worth the extra work and memory usage (mobile). Kudos!
ImageImage
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:15 am

Here is a look at the Ice World Stage Selection screen. We have a lock system and 3 star rating system as well. All five World Stage select screens will have a different look based on the world and cat theme you're in.
We have got 3 out of 5 bosses finished, each boss has a unique pattern and trick to it. Here is a look at the second world boss, the centipede. You have to take out its head and body piece by piece before it reaches the window. If you take out all body parts in time, the centipedes bones will drop down.

Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Everything is really starting to come together now as we get closer to a release date on Android at the beginning of March.

We thought this game would have a quicker development cycle but as we got into it we wanted to add more. More stuff means more work! So now we want to make it as good as possible. The game is playable all the way through to the last stage and boss and now is at the tinkering stage. We’re tightening up the game play and controls, finishing up menus, a couple music tracks and sounds, as well as testing the hell out of the thing! An off screen game play video will be posted up this weekend.

Here is a redesign of this stage (below) into this new one(under it) and at the bottom a look at a new enemy:

ImageImage

ImageImage
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi guys, I'll have an off screen game play video on a tablet to demonstrate the game and how it plays later today.

Weird thing, has anyone noticed a difference in touch sensitivity with your game tested on different devices?

Kitty Pot Cracker while playing on my phone is quick and responsive when tapping the screen. When I try it on my brothers 10 inch tablet I cant keep up with the waves of enemies as well as I could when playing on my phone. It seems to take longer for my touches to register. I've noticed for this tablet in question that you have to tap harder than usual to touch the screen inputs. I don't want to have to dumb down the waves Ive pieced together just so tablets like this one can keep up.

I'm going to try it on my other tablet and see how it feels.
Developing for mobile has its challenges, especially when you have over 7000 devices running Android and you try to make it as compatible as you can.
ImageImage
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Weird thing, has anyone noticed a difference in touch sensitivity with your game tested on different devices?

Kitty Pot Cracker while playing on my phone is quick and responsive when tapping the screen. When I try it on my brothers 10 inch tablet I cant keep up with the waves of enemies as well as I could when playing on my phone. It seems to take longer for my touches to register. I've noticed for this tablet in question that you have to tap harder than usual to touch the screen inputs.

Okay after doing a bit of research on touch displays I believe my brothers tablet screen is a Resistive type of screen.
My phone and most phones have a Capacitive screen which is more sensitive and better for touch sensitivity and response, and also multiple touch. Which means I don't have to worry too much I think as far as touch speed goes. I tested this theory by using my finger nails to touch the screen on the tablet, it worked like a charm and I was able to beat those waves of enemies just as well as I could on the phone.
ImageImage
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:41 am

Here is some off screen footage of Kitty Pot Cracker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU0mI4Hi_Is
ImageImage
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Still at the tightening up/bug testing stage of development and it has to be the toughest part of this process but the most rewarding. In game dev, like programming we are always learning new tricks, implementations and such as we go, so when you go back to look at your earlier program structure after you think you're done, it makes you laugh at how poorly you may have put it together in sections or how redundant somethings may be. In going back and trying out different (more efficient) ways to do things you learn a lot but have to be careful not to break the game. Sometimes you just have to take the lessons you learn going forward to new projects and just get the sucker done and release it haha..

Having missed so many release dates already now I kind of know how professional game devs feel about setting release dates publicly. I try to set a release date to push myself but most of the time its just not realistic. Anyways back to the trenches!
Last edited by Billy Bleeks on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests