KnightRun

0 favourites
  • youtube

• Hey,

the game art Looks really nice. Also the sounds are verry great. Just your attack System is not the best i think. Also your light effects are impressiv. Really good Job! I hope my platformer will look soon like your one. xD

Cryttexx

• Hey,

Just your attack System is not the best i think.

Thank you.

What's not OK with the fight system? Can you tell please.

• Hey,

i think you cant do so mutch to win. You can just stay there and you fight automatically. Sure the attack System is verry good programmed but i would prefer more control.

Cryttexx (i would thank you verry much if you write a comment to my thread)

• Hey, this is really cool! Rayman comes to mind. Grafics are also really neat. The levels could perhaps use a little eye-candy, but what's there is cool.

I second the concern about combat, though. There is nothing for me to do in combat, the characters exchange hits on their own, did I play that correctly? It's automated, which is cool as a feature, but kind of defeats the purpose of combat as a mechanic. Worst case I'm stuck for a number of seconds on a bunch of enemies, don't know what's gonna be the outcome and best I can do is wait.

That said this is a cool project and has potential to be even better, keep going!

• Hey,

i think you cant do so mutch to win. You can just stay there and you fight automatically. Sure the attack System is verry good programmed but i would prefer more control.

Cryttexx (i would thank you verry much if you write a comment to my thread)

The idea of this runner game is to play it just by tapping to keep the control very simple.

I will give it a try to change the tap-action from jumping to attacking if an enemy is overlapping for more action.

In later levels the enemies will be more powerful (in strength and follow behavior) so the player has to think about if he runs into a fight or better avaiod and collect some health first.

• Worst case I'm stuck for a number of seconds on a bunch of enemies, don't know what's gonna be the outcome and best I can do is wait.

Yes this is a little boring...

Maybe i will add some sort of bomb or magic (activated by tap+hold (3sec)) to kill a bunch at once / with a cool animation.

I will keep the control very easy (just tab) - so the possibilities are not that much

• OK - i add bombs.

If you have bombs and you are in a fight you can tap on the blinking bomb-button to kill all attacking enemies...

(bombs will be a rare feature otherwise the game gets boring i think)

• Thank you all for your ideas.

I realised them all.

Now you have to buttons at fight:

* attack (you can touch the attack button to attack (or tap elsewhere to jump-flee (if possible)))

* bomb (you can kill all attacking enemies exploding a bomb (if you have)) with the bomb button)

add more environment objects and parallax levels

...and minsor changes (coin counter, enemy / play behavior, ...)

• hey mercuryus,

im impressed you programmed the feautures so fast, but i think the upload to your Website wents wrong. There is everything exactly like yesterday. Maybe you can Change that.

Cryttexx

(im from Germany too )

• hey mercuryus,

im impressed you programmed the feautures so fast, but i think the upload to your Website wents wrong. There is everything exactly like yesterday. Maybe you can Change that.

Cryttexx

(im from Germany too )

please refresh your browser cache.

Unfortunately you have to do this manually to play the most current version (or press F5 several times...)

The new version should look like this:

• Hey,

i always clear the cach before playing a game... I tried it on another browser and it worked. So now to the update: im really impressed how fast you made it. Great Job! I would describe the attack System a Little bit more. What do you want to do next? Maybe you could add a Story with a Dialog box (on my thread there will come a gif for that. So do you think i should write a tutorial for that?). Is that your prototype?

• Thank you for your kind words!

You're right - some more words for the attack system will make it more clear.

Next steps are the menu with the level selection - sort of super mario run.

A small story is set (the Knight has entered the cave to slay the evil Boomza):

(this is the final BOSS enemy to kill)

I will also add the many other enemies (artwork is from Moonstar2D - so thanks to him on this side) and other artists.

Also some new static objects (falling rocks, ...) will be added.

The deeper level will become a lava look with fields of lava (to die in )

The first level is an introduction level - the other levels will lead the Knight deeper and deeper in the cave with a lot of treasures to collect and enemies to fight...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Cool ideas. Im really interessted what the final result is. The Boss Looks really cool! Just one question (ich weiß das ich mit meinen fragen nerve...xD): maybe you now from my thread im really not good in designing. So i search for a solution for this Problem. The next Problem is that Designers are to expensive for me because to time i cant imagine to sell my game. How did you find a designer and cost it Money?

• Cool ideas. Im really interessted what the final result is. The Boss Looks really cool! Just one question (ich weiß das ich mit meinen fragen nerve...xD): maybe you now from my thread im really not good in designing. So i search for a solution for this Problem. The next Problem is that Designers are to expensive for me because to time i cant imagine to sell my game. How did you find a designer and cost it Money?

let us discuss this by pm (in german language )...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)