Kudos to Brashmonkey and Spriter

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Spriter
$59 USD
Spriter is the Ultimate 2D Game Animation Solution
  • I purchased Spriter several months ago and I haven't regretted it for a moment. I have corresponded extensively with Mike who has been extremely helpful and patient with a noob like me. Though not quite yet finished, it is a very helpful piece of software and I suggest it to anyone trying to do intuitive, easy animations--even complex ones. Thanks Brashmonkey!

http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter.htm

• Unsure if it's still $25, but at that price it's an absolute steal - Spriter is the most powerful skeletal animation program I've ever seen; Pivot, Flash CS3/4/5's IK, Poser and Spine don't even come close to the level of quality and absurd price point of it.

• Yes. I think it's a ridiculous value especially when you consider that 3D modelling programs like Maya will set you back $3700. There is still some integration of features to be done within C2 but, even now, it's a very helpful program.

• Is it necessary to be skilled in sprite making to use this program? I'm tempted to get it, but I'm a total noob at sprite making.

But it does sound nice to not have to draw each sprite frame separately and to just draw the body parts and move them.

• I just drew my characters, scanned them in, cut them apart in the computer and put some finishing touches on them before importing them into spriter. It must save a ridiculous amount of time over drawing each frame separately and, as has been pointed out, it's a steal at $25.

• I bought Spriter but I'm still waiting for support for mobile applications

• Downloaded it, looked at it, considering price, bought pro!

• I just drew my characters, scanned them in, cut them apart in the computer and put some finishing touches on them before importing them into spriter. It must save a ridiculous amount of time over drawing each frame separately and, as has been pointed out, it's a steal at $25.lright. I'm convinced!

This will give me a good excuse to brush up on my drawing skills >:D.

• Thanks so much for the kind words and support everyone. Spriter itself and support for all of its features in C2 will only improve for a very long time to come...we've got lots of cool things planned for Spriter and it's C2 integration.. Thanks for your patience as we get there.

szymek,

Last I knew, Spriter scon files work fine with cocoonJS exports so long as you have minify script turned off when exporting. Is there a specific problem you are having, perhaps on a specific mobile platform so we can troubleshoot the issue for you?

cheers,

Mike at BrashMonkey

• "Last I knew, Spriter scon files work fine with cocoonJS exports so long as you have minify script turned off when exporting."

I just didn't know that it already works with i.e. CocoonJS

sorry

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seems I have to check this Spriter :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)