Label/text autosize

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Any way to autosize the text objects? Or at least to get the length of the text in pixels?

I just can't make simple tooltip object without this information. And I don't have Visual Studio Pro which means I cannot rewrite plugins. :(
B
G

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:42 pm

I don't think there's a way to do what you want. Maybe you could manually figure out how big each tool tip box should be. Then ... (let's assume you have a function that creates a tool tip with a given text) you would have to pass the desired size as a parameter too.

OR

Maybe just create a status bar. You could put a very long text box across the bottom of the screen. Then you could have the tool tip text go to the status bar.

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted, but it may be the next best (doable) thing.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Seems like there should be a way to resize text boxes at runtime. You should make a feature request.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:21 pm

But it seems like it would be difficult for the user to automatically determine how big the text box should be just based on the message text. (Unless it were a feature built in to Construct that shrunk the text box to fit the message.)
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic