Lag Problem - on set text

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:43 am

roracle wrote:I've been trying to find a sprite font that is similar to the original, but not so far spaced. Anyone find a good one yet, or is it yet another thing I'll have to do for graphics? lol

You like the default? lol
In spritefont properties adjust the character spacing to -5 or whatever you feel is the right spacing.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Naw, it's still ugly as hell, no softness/feathered borders to the letters. I just made a new font, but I'll have to work more on it. The p's and q's and g's going under the line make the text look goofy.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:18 pm

roracle wrote:Naw, it's still ugly as hell, no softness/feathered borders to the letters. I just made a new font, but I'll have to work more on it. The p's and q's and g's going under the line make the text look goofy.

Lol, yip the default is real ugly.
I linked to a tut in photoshop above - it is pretty easy.
There are such sexy free commercially usable fonts nowadays.
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:23 pm

I still find SpriteFont a pain, so I only use it when I really need to. I had lag with my text with CoCoonJS, but I set the trigger to once and it sped right back up again.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:24 pm

DUTOIT wrote:*posts an image with a fancy font and claims that this cannot be done with the text object*

Well, actually, you can use Webfonts. Or make your own fonts, for that matter... :/
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Stiivais wrote:*DUTOIT posts an image with a fancy font and claims that this cannot be done with the text object*

Sarcasm?
Make me a font made out of glass with Webfonts or custom designed font or text object.
In fact do this please...

We are not talking about fonts we are talking about design. We talking about performance of text object / TextBox.
Sure you can use webfont / css styling in text object... agreed.
But text object, Textbox has a few issues with construct 2 games. Spritefont however seems to run better and you can do more with it.
Your webfont, css styling cant do this. font is simple Tahoma, but it is made out of glass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:13 pm

@DUTOIT see how this looks. I know it's pretty low res, but I'm sure it's satisfactory. Odds are I'll edit some of the letters later.

http://roracle.x10.mx

Edit: the menu's not the title screen. Pull them from the side.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

roracle wrote:@DUTOIT see how this looks. I know it's pretty low res, but I'm sure it's satisfactory. Odds are I'll edit some of the letters later.

http://roracle.x10.mx

Edit: the menu's not the title screen. Pull them from the side.

Looks good. I remember about pulling them from side :)
I see what you mean about spacing. And possibly later on make it a little more rounded, less jaggered, slightly more high res and use spritefont scale. But you can make things look pretty later. My shortfall is trying to make it perfect, then I change it a zillion times. Lol
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?