LAN Previewing Issue

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:55 pm

I have ran into my first problem here.

I have followed the online tutorial on activating LAN previewing and everything is all set up correctly (I kept the default ports Construct 2 has in the preferences.)

I have a Google Nexus tablet here and whenever I access Chrome and enter the address that is displayed on my desktop browser nothing shows up on the tablets browser.

Everything is setup correctly, I have made a new rule in Windows Firewall for Construct 2 and I have also checked 'Run as Administrator' from the .exe file (I am using Construct 2 on Steam and found the .exe file from within my Steam directory).

I am running as admin and the ports are the default ones but all I get on my tablets browser is a blank page.

Any help is appreciated. I do have Norton Antivirus on my desktop if that makes any difference, I also have no port forwarding on my router either and I am running Windows 10.

If you need anymore info or screenshots or photos, let me know :)

Cheers,

Dave.
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:39 am

When you run the previewer on the desktop, do you get an IP address ? or is: localhost:50000 ?

Also, have you tried disabling all the security for a bit to test if it works ? (disable antivirus and firewall, then test)
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Hey lennaert, I haven't tried disabling anything but I do get an IP address (192.168.x.x:50000).

I will try disabling my Norton and see if that helps at all. I followed the tutorial and added a rule for Construct 2 and I also run the program as admin.

I'll post back if disabling my Norton doesn't get it working.

Cheers.
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Sorry to ask the obvious, do you have a license?
That'll get the big one out the way. ;)

Most anti virus programs have a custom firewall type bulit in. you might need to add c2 and port 50000 as an exception.
Also helps to go into your router an allocate a constant ip for your c2 pc.

and shooting in the dark, you make any edits to the host file???
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:25 am

Hi guys, so I tried disabling my firewall for Norton and that didn't seem to work.

@DUTOIT, haha thats a fair question lol. I have the personal license :D

I haven't tried adding an expection for C2 in my Norton but I have in Windows Firewall. I will try out my router settings and mess around there to see if that gets it working.

Will let you know what happens xD

Cheers.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General