Last of the Survivors

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:40 am

PeterPlatter wrote:Already downloaded. Looks good and seems quite fun. Unfortunately it's a bit choppy and slow to respond but that's entirely my fault - first gen Nexus 7 didn't age gracefully.

Thank you and thats surprising.. Nexus 7 was a great phone. Does it lag a lot? Unplayable?

I was told recent changes on Intel XDK/Cordova effects performance.

Were the controls easy to use and understand? Intuitive?
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:02 pm

SamRock wrote: Does it lag a lot? Unplayable?

I was told recent changes on Intel XDK/Cordova effects performance.

Were the controls easy to use and understand? Intuitive?

Nexus 7 was Google's first tablet. The game is barely playable, but it's the same with almost anything, including Chrome. I'll probably install some lightweight Android distro soon and we'll see how that affects things.

The controls are easy and intuitive but I keep forgetting to jump (no idea why), so I die a lot in pits :) Also in the beginning I thought that pressing the direction button would move me to one of three "paths". I didn't expect smooth left/right movement because 1. I'd probably do it that way (to make game simpler and less " strategic ") 2. I rarely read tutorials (sorry about that).
My first game, Swingy Angie, available now on
Google Play and Opera Store

Let us honor the desire to work, for it is a movable holiday occuring up to three times a year.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:00 pm

Unfortunately I only have Windows phone. I'll see if I can get it on one of my family members phones as I usually test my games on theirs :P

I'll tweet your youtube video and I hope some of the 700 followers download it :)
B

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Mcreator83 wrote:Unfortunately I only have Windows phone. I'll see if I can get it on one of my family members phones as I usually test my games on theirs :P

I'll tweet your youtube video and I hope some of the 700 followers download it :)

That will be awesome!! Thank you so much, really appreciate you help :)

BTW.. just today my game went live on Windows 8 store (not phone). If you are on Win8, you can try it out too!
http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/e5 ... 235edd611b

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:30 pm

SamRock wrote:
Mcreator83 wrote:Unfortunately I only have Windows phone. I'll see if I can get it on one of my family members phones as I usually test my games on theirs :P

That will be awesome!! Thank you so much, really appreciate you help :)

BTW.. just today my game went live on Windows 8 store (not phone). If you are on Win8, you can try it out too!
http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/e5 ... 235edd611b

you're welcome :)

I still use Windows 7
B

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Nice work! Looking good! What software you use for creating the assets?
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:56 pm

tunepunk wrote:Nice work! Looking good! What software you use for creating the assets?

Thank you my friend! I used Blender for all the 3D rendering and animation. Photoshop for the UI

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:04 pm

PeterPlatter wrote:Already downloaded. Looks good and seems quite fun. Unfortunately it's a bit choppy and slow to respond but that's entirely my fault - first gen Nexus 7 didn't age gracefully.

I have released a new update. Can you try and see if there is any change in performance? C2's recent updates seems to improvement performance on mobile.

Also loads of new Additions :)

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:07 am

SamRock wrote: C2's recent updates seems to improvement performance on mobile.

It is much better now, and I haven't done anything to fix my tablet. I actually reached the first checkpoint and then a few more :D
I like the "revive" option - it allows for much smoother gameplay.
I'm impressed with the graphics and I imagine it must have taken loads of time to make the 3d models.
My first game, Swingy Angie, available now on
Google Play and Opera Store

Let us honor the desire to work, for it is a movable holiday occuring up to three times a year.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 am

PeterPlatter wrote:
SamRock wrote: C2's recent updates seems to improvement performance on mobile.

It is much better now, and I haven't done anything to fix my tablet. I actually reached the first checkpoint and then a few more :D
I like the "revive" option - it allows for much smoother gameplay.
I'm impressed with the graphics and I imagine it must have taken loads of time to make the 3d models.

Wow! Thats such a good news to my hears :)
Thank you so much for trying and letting me know. I was worried the performance issue might put lot of people off :D

Glad you liked the revive option, I figured many people are probably uninstalling due to the "difficulty" factor and decided to give them an option to experience the whole game without getting frustrated on deaths.

Yes took me about 4 months(including my day job :P) to get the whole thing done and tested! :D
The human and vehicle 3D models were provided by a Freelance 3D designer. I modified them heavily to suit my game.
All 3D levels, environment, animations were created by me and my younger brother(and he is a nurse! :D).

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests