Last of the Survivors

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:33 am

Here is my game called "Last of the Survivors"

Update 2: ****** NEW UPDATE RELEASED..LOADS OF ADDITIONS AND FIXES*******
Update 3: **x86 version released on Google Play! People with Tablets.. please check it out and let me know your experience! :)**

Isometric Endless Survival Horror game.

Download here:
Google Play
Windows Store

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d24LzXxraJQ

Here are few screenshots:
final01small.jpg

final03small.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SamRock on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:03 am

Look's awesome and the video also great
What did you use to make the character animations?
Any plans to upload it to kongregate?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:39 am

- Game looks nice, but I don´t like the way you have used ads just in the menu screen. reducing the menu screen to place an ad looks ugly, unprofessional. I think it would work better (and give you more money) to place a full screen ad while the game is loading.

- You should improve game feedback, specially when player dies. I get killed and I don´t know why...

- I agree with @A0Nasser, an HTML5 version of the game could be used to promote it on Kongregate and other websites. You can also monetice it using FGL ads.

Keep the good work. Have you used Intel XDK to export the game?
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:15 am

clockworkmonster wrote:- Game looks nice, but I don´t like the way you have used ads just in the menu screen. reducing the menu screen to place an ad looks ugly, unprofessional. I think it would work better (and give you more money) to place a full screen ad while the game is loading.

- You should improve game feedback, specially when player dies. I get killed and I don´t know why...

- I agree with @A0Nasser, an HTML5 version of the game could be used to promote it on Kongregate and other websites. You can also monetice it using FGL ads.

Keep the good work. Have you used Intel XDK to export the game?

Thanks for the feedback. Honestly on Google Play Beta, the ads used to look really tiny and not as huge as they do on Production version :(
I removed Banner Ads from GamePlay and only added Interstitial ads between death. Will consider removing Banner from main menu, I read they dont pay so well either.

Yes I used IntelXDK.

@A0Nasser, I will work on that. Thanks :)
I used Blender for all teh 3D renders and animations

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:40 am

Each start i have to select a weapon but then there is no way to run without weapon. Is this a pay to win game? I checked it out how it is possible to do a "autorunner" in isometric view (horizontal).
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:47 am

JamesXXXYZ wrote:Each start i have to select a weapon but then there is no way to run without weapon. Is this a pay to win game? I checked it out how it is possible to do a "autorunner" in isometric view (horizontal).

Its not Pay to Win game!!

I know its not clear yet.. I am working on a Tips?help screen. You get weapons/Ammos/vehicles in the form of Pickup(Powerups) as you run through the area. Its very Random.

The Bike, Shotgun and Melee is unlocked by default. And you get to pick them up when you run through the area

To unlock other weapons & Vehicles, you need to reach certain XP Level (like in Battlefield game :) )
You can see the unlocks in the Upgrade screen.

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Cool game. I very like game menu/UI style and sounds etc. The only minus its little bit laggy on my Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 (it's not surprising, cause my tablet is far from top)/////// I wish you many downloads :D
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:10 pm

For me it is too random, I'm running longer and have no ammo/weapons. I can kill zombies only with jump kicks. Check out controls from "Flop Rocket" this fits better.
Playable games:

What you want in C3?

B
S

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:20 am

Nagval333 wrote:Cool game. I very like game menu/UI style and sounds etc. The only minus its little bit laggy on my Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 (it's not surprising, cause my tablet is far from top)/////// I wish you many downloads :D

Thanks for downloading and rating my game! :)
I have tried my best to strike the perfect balance between performance and quality graphics! :D
I already had to cut a lot of sprites and animations to make reduce memory usage. But I see the game still lags on few older phones :(
Probably something more can be done.

JamesXXXYZ wrote:For me it is too random, I'm running longer and have no ammo/weapons. I can kill zombies only with jump kicks. Check out controls from "Flop Rocket" this fits better.

Thats sounds strange, because even at early XP Level, you should atleast get a Melee, Shotgun or Bike at every 15 to 20 seconds. You can kill zombies with any of them. Please try again and play for atleast 30 seconds, your weapons will get refilled. :)

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 am

To survive ~ 15 seconds isn't so easy. When ammo is empty then ammo/weapon should respawn earlier. Can you highlight the "deathzones" and overwork your controls? Left and right is untypical. Weapon switch should be better.
Countertime for vehicles you should change too. When counter reached zero then vehicles should slowdown.
Option for weapon pick up, if a pickup is not so strong than current don't switch. If you have only one weapon with ammo then switch it automatecly on start.
Playable games:

What you want in C3?

B
S

Next

Return to Completed Creations