Late in life indie game developers, Talk to me.

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:43 am

Hey guys, im 33 and wanted to make games all my life but ended up finding more conservative creative/computer work like corporate design and web development. ate my soul open until i decided to truly focus and pour my real energies into making a game last november and have been focussing on cosmochoria ever since. Releases on early access september 29 so we'll see if im on the right track or barking up the wrong tree haha :)

hugs, pals.

www.cosmochoria.com
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:33 am

@80bit

I've posted an announcement about Cosmochoria's early access release in my Collection of Construct 2 games on Steam

Good luck with the release.
Find all the Construct 2 games that were on Steam Greenlight here
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:48 pm

@OddConfection Wow thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the support. :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Dude, Cosmochoria looks amazing. Everyone should check it out.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:19 pm

@OddConfection

Have you posted/do you mind if I post your list over on reddit?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:37 am

@JJEvil

I've not posted it on reddit, but feel free to share the list on reddit or anywhere else. The more support for Construct 2 and Construct 2 created games we can get, the better it is for all of us indie developers.

@80bit

You're welcome. Cosmochoria is a great looking game and I know how important success on Steam can be to an indie developer. I'd say you're definitely on the right track.
Find all the Construct 2 games that were on Steam Greenlight here
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:59 am

@80bit An awesome-looking game! Congrats on pursuing your dream, I'm doing a similar thing but am 26, ha ha. Glad to see your KS campaign came through, must be a pretty amazing ride through development and now knowing you have actual gamers - actual consumers - investing in your game, :D. I'll do my part to spread the word, keep up the great work.
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:31 pm

@inquiesco thanks a bunch dude -- yeah it has been an unreal experience to say the least.. never thought in a million years it would have gone as good as it has been going. i just gotta keep on working hard and at the very least ill rest easy knowing i did my very best. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:53 pm

I'm 24. I made 4 years of Law but i dropped it. I changed for computer science this year. In 2 years I'll have a job and will be able to do games on the side.

I worked as an indie composer for 2 years also. But it's very difficult to have jobs. On the other side there is a BIG lack of programmers. That's what I will be learning for 2 years. I would like to gain a good understanding of GLSL programming because I'm very interested to build a game from scratch.

But in the following months I will be designing small little games in 2D and enhancing my art skills. Modeling is on the table too. Basically I feel like I can learn all the aspects of the video game creation (sound, music, modeling, texturing, programming)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:40 pm

36 here. Same boat. Glad I'm not alone ;) I've been a graphics guy my whole life (I'm a freelance designer by day) The leap into game dev wasn't to bad. Except for coding and maths.. Construct2 made it easier for me. I'm currently working on a game called Scum Slayer. I worked on 2 other games prior, that never got finished due to my lack of understanding and pre planning. I spent at least a year learning Construct by dissecting capx examples and reworking them/hacking them to see what does what. I have a soft spot for 2D pixel styled games, and being an art guy.. I enjoy creating sprites and artwork for games. It's been a fun journey thus far and I look forward to the future.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas