Lava! (based on blober by Quazi!)

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:38 pm

After seeing that awesome shizzle by Quazi, I decided to make a cool lava effect based on his idea. Feel free to add this the demo page if you want Ash, I just made it for something to do.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/21/1367167/lava.cap

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Water ;)

With bubbles and the mouse can splash around in it.

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id ... =water.cap

Yes, I'm bored.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Haha, I edited the effect into a cool blood squirting thing last night! Can't post it yet though, I'm at work, which means I can't see either of those yet unfortunately. I'll have a look later though.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:20 pm

yay lol, i knew this would happen, but its ok, cause its called the freaking quaziblob, and thats freaking awesome :!: :!: :!:

8)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Yep, that's what we'll call it officially, the Quaziblob. Here's my Quaziblob blood, hope you don't mind I just edited your example for fun.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 pm

[quote="QuaziGNRLnose":2l0fcp1f]yay lol, i knew this would happen, but its ok, cause its called the freaking quaziblob, and thats freaking awesome :!: :!: :!: [/quote:2l0fcp1f]

I don't mean to kick you off your high horse, but it's hardly an effect you invented ;) You just found the way to do it in Construct first.

There are many examples of it, but the closest one to yours that's recent would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMy2rBQ31AI

[quote="AsparagusTrevor":2l0fcp1f]Yep, that's what we'll call it officially, the Quaziblob. Here's my Quaziblob blood, hope you don't mind I just edited your example for fun.[/quote:2l0fcp1f]

Now THAT was cool. Nice!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:15 pm

that blob isnt a blob, its just intermeshing outlined sprites, these blobs stick toghether at range from each other, and they blot up into a bigger blob when very close toghether
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:17 pm

I don't think you understand ...

What that example is could easily be converted to what you did by adding collision to them ... that's all that would be needed.

I'm sorry, but you absolutely 100% did not invent anything here.

All you did was use the way alphas are handled when attributes are changed. Take a look at Mario Sunshine. Take a look at Locoroco ... regardless of HOW you came to it, it's been done. In fact there's a DS game out right now that globs together at a distance in pretty much the exact same way.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:24 pm

i know never said i invented it, ive seen blobmeshes before, i just "invented" it for use in construct

im totally aware its not the first time something like this has ever been made (i love mario sunshine) but i did come up with it for use in construct, i never meant 2 say i was the first 2 ever do it, but if it wasnt for me, you might of never seen it used in construct at all.

and btw that blood is awesome, but am i the only one whos getting massive lag and getting 40-30 fps on it
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:28 pm

That's cool, I totally am behind you doing it first in Construct, you did!

I don't want you to think I'm on a mission to get you hehe. There are certain things that I get hung up on and exaggerated claims is one of them. But as you just said, you're not claiming you invented it, or at least not meaning to. So I see no issue.

I'll let it go now. :!:
B
S
G

Next

Return to Your tutorials & example files