layer question

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 pm

Hi guys, however i made more layer for several elements of the game..a few layers on the bottom are showing a oposite effect. If I select more objects that are of different layers, I can't change the z-order because they are of different layers. What should I do ? Set it in events ? I thought that a object of a higher layer is automaticly covering objects of lower layers...

thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:06 am

Have you tried turning on the z-order tool from the taskbar and organizing the offending objects down using it?
The manual will tell you about the z-order tool, it allows controlling z-order throughout the whole project and not just by layers like events do.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:00 am

hi I read the manual again...but did not really find the part how to deal z-order of all layers together...can u help me ?

thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:23 am

..I saw in a tutorial that U can see only overlapping sprites as z-order in different layers...would be helpfull to see all objects in all layers in the same time...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Layers are like glass panes, so bottom sprites will always be visible unless they are covered by other non-transparent sprites. You might need to set their visibility via event actions if your layers are transparent.
Can you add a .capx?
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?