Layer Rename Bug

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Minor issue when renaming layer

When you have an action like Sprite | Spawn Sprite2 on layer "Layer 0", and then decide to rename the layer to anything else, it does not change the code to reflect the new name.

LayerBug.capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108 ... erBug.capx

Shows the layer name issue

It doesn't actually do much, just shows the issue.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create an action that needs a layer to be refernced
    • Change the actual name of the layer
    • See the reference layer be the same name as it was before you renamed it

Observed Result

Referenced layer name stays the same.

Expected Result

The referenced layer name to change, similar to how when you rename a sprite or variable for it to be reflected the whole way through the code.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7, Service Pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 234 (64-bit)

• Yeah the same goes for group references in actions (e.g. set group 'xyz' active).

I doubt that these are actual bugs, more kind of "missing" features I guess.

• Yeah, that was my thought too. But if for some reason I had a layer named "L1" and one named "L2" and then switched the names, things might go a bit weird; so figured I'd report it.

• Closing as not a bug: this is more of a feature request. It's also not always possible to update the actions correctly. For example if you have an action to spawn on layer "Layer" & index, then rename "Layer0" to "Background0", it is impossible for C2 to know to update your action to say "Background" & index. You will always have to make that kind of change manually.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's cool, thanks for your speedy response Ashley

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)