Layer visibility after restart

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:03 am

I hope in Construct 3 we won't have this issues. It's not intuitive at all!
Everything in the layout is reset to initial state except the layers and if you want something to persist there are a couple of options like the persist behaviour and the global attribute. So.. it's really confusing, not to mention the double work you have to do, setting every single layer to visible and invisible.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit our Website. Web and mobile games!

B
S

Post » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:58 am

angelojlee wrote:I hope in Construct 3 we won't have this issues. It's not intuitive at all!
Everything in the layout is reset to initial state except the layers and if you want something to persist there are a couple of options like the persist behaviour and the global attribute. So.. it's really confusing, not to mention the double work you have to do, setting every single layer to visible and invisible.

@angelojlee

Why have you posted in a 2 year old closed bug report?

Not only does your post not contribute to the OP it specifically says NOT to post here.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 4:32 am

I bumped on this very same problem about layer visibility just 2 days ago and I can say that I'm also disappointed that this doesn't even mentioned in the manual.

I spend whole yesterday trying to figure out what was I doing wrong. Tried with different settings, different methods, I read manuals about layers, system action/expression, etc. all with same result. Jeez, it even cross my mind to rewrite everything because I wasn't sure if the bug was coming from corrupted save file. That would have set me back a week worth of works. This should have been mentioned in the manual.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:22 pm

@Ashley I know it's an old and closed report, but can you please update the Layer manual page to let users know that the "Initial visibility" don't reset after the layout restart? It shouldn't take more than a minute. It would be fine if you only publish the update with the next stable release.
I just found myself in that situation where I didn't know how my project does what it does and I couldn't find any actions related to setting the layer visibility. I searched the manual and I found this topic. This is the second time as I recall, because when I first started the project I had this issue as well. Logic dictates that the layer will set it's visibility each layout start based on it's setting in the editor, just like objects do.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:19 pm

I am totaly lost.

What are we talking about ? The layer visibility check mark in the Layout Editor ?
Or the Initial visibility property of a layer ?

Those are 2 different things, btw.
When i use 'Initial visibility' ( a layer property, same logic as a sprite property), the layer is invisible on start and on restarting the layout.

What do i miss ?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:10 pm

99Instances2Go wrote:What do i miss ?

First post on first page? or if you are hardcore enough you could even dare yourself to download the file and test it yourself.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:32 am

** smiles @ hardcore **

You are right, layers lose there 'Initial' on layout change.

** Gosh, that was so difficult to say**
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:35 pm

99Instances2Go wrote:** smiles @ hardcore **

You are right, layers lose there 'Initial' on layout change.

** Gosh, that was so difficult to say**

Apparently just reading the OP post, like anybody else, was more than you could handle.
What goes around - comes around.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Apparently i am so **touched**. Let my cry on your shoes. Thank you so kindly.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:19 pm

99Instances2Go wrote:Apparently i am so **touched**. Let my cry on your shoes. Thank you so kindly.

I don't care a smallest bit about your feelings. Just pointing out your ignorance in behavior on a public forum.
Now you either improve your behavior or keep spamming and eventually earn an official warning from moderators. There's no inbetween.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Closed bugs