layout by layout -loading?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi Quest,
I have been asking similar questions in the forums, and like you, i also want to publish interactive children's book apps for ipad, iphone etc.
There seems to be an issue with such apps because you're using many static background images for the pages with some sprite interaction and text - right?
I am still not decided on the engine or SDK yet! I have seen some amazing book apps on the itunes store created with Corona SDK, Cocos2D, AIR with Starling etc. You certainly don't want your app crashing as it will lead to bad reviews and kill your credibility, no matter how great the story and illustrations are.
Sorry i don't have an answer, but i'd like to hear how you got on and if you could offer me some mistakes to avoid.
Good luck with your book!

PS Here is a children's interactive book demo on youtube created with cocos2D and weighing in at 105mb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL--x8DFPQ0&list=FL8o9fMRsueGao8LsRl2znXA&index=6
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:43 pm

About NRABrazils method:
[QUOTE]- first you can reduce the colors of the images, instead of full color, you can try monocolor or posterized, but do not forget to change the image setting, this can reduce a lot of image size.[/QUOTE]
Would that really work in c2? I thought all graphics were formatted the same way on import, leaving you with height and width as only "tools". -Ie a monocolour sprite is still read as full colour by construct.
Can someone clarify? Difference between cc & c2?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 am

The image format only affects the download size. In memory all images are decompressed to full-color 32-bit ARGB bitmaps.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Just passing by to say i'm really greatful with this feature, one of my top concerns was about performance at this kind of screen transition and i find it very important to show my appreciation. Keep up the good work!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:21 am

@Ashley @Ludei We recently started using Construct 2 and CocoonJS to bring an app to iOS and Android but the layout-by-layout feature does not appear to be working and this has caused us a few headaches. I've been in touch with Ludei support and they feel that something still needs to be done on the Construct 2 side of things to move things forward.

Here is the response I received from from Ludei.
"BTW the layout-by-layout feature is something on the side of Construct 2 because is everything javascript based, so I recommend you to speak with Ashley to know when he will add support for this on CocoonJS."

Would it be possible to get some clarification on this please.

Thanks.
B

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:25 pm

It's a problem with CocoonJS. I'll get in touch with Ludei about it again. All real browsers have some degree of memory management, but Ludei haven't implemented this.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks Ashley. Looking forward to hearing some progress in this area.
B

Post » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Yes, definitely!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:42 pm

How does layout by layout loading work ? Can I use loading layout between stages ?

For which target does it work ? Mobile/Broswer (WebGL, Canvas2d), NodeKit ?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General