layout by layout -loading?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:57 pm

@Sventevith : Unless I make a mistake, it is enabled on the main browsers and node webkit and crosswalks IF the webGL is active. It is automatically done by C2 without you having to worry about it normally

Not possible on cocoonJS I think though.
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152506

And that is why you shall respect the bug reports guidelines, not only giving a capx is making the bug reproductible in one click in a situation they can work with (less time wasted trying to reproduce vague instructions) but also it helps filtering false positives.

Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:40 pm

I've discovered difference between canvas2d and WegGL in loading textures.
When I'am using WebGL on start game is "junky" and WebGL ram is growing. What is the best approach to avoid this and preload textures (sprites) on layout start ?

How does layout by layout work on Windows 8/ Windows Phone ?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:48 pm

WebGL is not available on Windows Phone until the 8.1 update in April (Hopefully) so there is no layout by layout loading on Windows Phone. This has caused me to not release my game there as the whole game gets loaded at the start which can kill the memory and performance on Windows Phone for larger games.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General