Lazy Rocket

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:31 pm

It will show interstitial ads when there is one to display :)
Thank you so much for the feedback, I will take that into consideration for the next version. I definitely agree that the jump sound is too loud!

@Manley23
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Hello @Rory ,

I want to say, your game is great!
The gameplay is awesome and the graphics are really great.
Here's few things you may fix/do :

- The realistic explosion doesn't fit with the game's graphics.
- The game is laggy on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. (Don't know from who's side)
- When I go back to the menu, I see a small vertical line in the right.
- You could make a mobile HTML5 version of it and maybe earn some money. (If you don't know much about mobile HTML5 sponsorships.. Read @True Valhalla 's book, Making Money With HTML5.)
EDIT : - I can't exit the game ... Tried both back and menu buttons...

However, these things could be done only to improve the game, which means your game is great as it is.
Good luck with the development.

Cheers
Hady Hayman (IamHadzy)elafreat2014-02-15 16:02:52
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:43 pm

That's how a clone is supposed to be done properly.
Seriously, seems like a well made game, since it attempts to do more than just copy the original.Stiivais2014-02-15 16:43:52
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=elafreat] Hello @Rory ,

I want to say, your game is great!
The gameplay is awesome and the graphics are really great.
Here's few things you may fix/do :

- The realistic explosion doesn't fit with the game's graphics.
- The game is laggy on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. (Don't know from who's side)
- When I go back to the menu, I see a small vertical line in the right.
- You could make a mobile HTML5 version of it and maybe earn some money. (If you don't know much about mobile HTML5 sponsorships.. Read @True Valhalla 's book, Making Money With HTML5.)
EDIT : - I can't exit the game ... Tried both back and menu buttons...

However, these things could be done only to improve the game, which means your game is great as it is.
Good luck with the development.

Cheers
Hady Hayman (IamHadzy)[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the feedback @elafreat !

About the realistic explosion, that break in consistency of graphic style was intended. It's to give players a good shock the first time, and to exaggerate the death. It's hard to explain why I like it this way, but I just thought it fit, by not fitting in!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lagging..? That doesn't sound good. I have done some optimizations that improve the FPS in the next update quite drastically on my PC, but I have yet to test it out on devices that lag. The problem is the limitations of hardware I have access to, I couldn't test it on any android tablets before the first release. Maybe when the update is out, I can PM you to try the latest version and give me some feedback if it has improved?

I'll look into the vertical line problem :)

About a mobile HTML5 version, I haven't considered it so much because I don't feel that many people actually play web games on mobile. But I don't know the exact statistics on this, I'll consider. Thank you!

As for the exitting problem.. It might be a device specific problem, seems to be fine on my android devices so far.

Thanks again for the feedback!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:08 pm

I agree with the explosion comment. Should match games graphics better. However, I am playing on Droid Razr M and have no problems at all with lag or extra line on side.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:09 pm

[QUOTE=Stiivais] That's how a clone is supposed to be done properly.
Seriously, seems like a well made game, since it attempts to do more than just copy the original.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I expected much more hate than love because the game play is almost identical, so your comment really made my day :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:18 pm

@Rory Glad to help!
However, you can PM me when the game's updated, However, I'm going to try it again, Maybe it's the device's problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:32 am

@elafret Alright, that will be great :) thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 am

-Removed-
Last edited by retrodude on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:20 pm

@Rory - I finally did come across some lag as mentioned by other posters. I noticed the lag only seemed to occur during ad changes or the first ad during game play. It is noticeable and caused several deaths. But, I don't know if there is anything you could do to fix it - probably something to do with Ludei or your ad server. Who are you using for ads?

Also, do any of the rockets have unique characteristics? So far, I have the original, the $700 rocket, and the 100 plays rocket. Besides artistic design, do they offer any unique powers or movements?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations