Left Mouse Stuck On after Text Box Pop Up

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Relax and relieve stress by popping bubbles in Fidget Anti- Stress Releaser!
  • Problem Description

I was attempting to have a Text Box pop up over a sprite when that sprite is left clicked, easy enough to do but the left mouse release is not picked up so it acts as though the left mouse is still down.

Attach a Capx

Done

Description of Capx

There is a message that reports the status of the left mouse button every tick.

Also a sprite that, when clicked, spawns a text box on top of the sprite.

Pressing return destroys the text box.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the capx
    • Left click on the grey box sprite
    • Note that the left mouse button message continues to show the button as down even once released

Observed Result

The left mouse button message continues to show the button as down once released.

Expected Result

The left mouse button message should show the correct status of the mouse button.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

R192

Suggested work-around

Easily worked around by using the Mouse Button released event to pop up the text box instead of the click event.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as won't fix: the mouse event goes to the text box instead of the game, and creating the text box half way through a click prevents the game seeing mouse up so it thinks the mouse is stuck. Like you say the workaround is straightforward.

• Thanks Ashley, I expected such but thought I should at least report it as anyone else getting the same problem can see the work around.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)