Lens and magnify not working.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • The ps 1.4 effects lens and magnify are not working for me, even though i got ps 1.4. Could someone make a quick example with a working magnify effect and upload the .cap so i can see if it's just me doing something wrong?

thanks

• Works fine for me - attached file has a magnify effect on a sprite with mouse movement. Should deform the grid as you move the mouse.

• Not working. The sprite is just plain white.

Device name: RADEON 9250

Pixel shader: 1.4

Estimated VRAM: 346 MB

Motion blur: No

• Hmm, that's odd, no error messages at all? I've checked the HLSL for the Magnify effect and it definitely uses shader 1.4. All I can guess is ATI may have been bending their specification a little when they said it can do 1.4... video card manufacturers will do anything to get the edge over their opponents, so they might've half-implemented it or something.

• Hm.. but shouldn't i get an error message in that case? Well.. after i've afforded a camera and a trip to barcelona i'll buy a new graphics card the first thing i do!

• It works fine for me (GeforceFX 5200 256MB) but im PS 2.0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It works for me (Graphic Card with PS 3.0), but Erase doesn`t work :/

• How are you using Erase? You need at least two layers, and the top one should have "Force own texture" enabled, with an object with Erase on it. It'll cut a hole down to the layer below. I've got a PS 3.0 card and it works fine for me.

• Ashley - When i used Erase few versions ago - it working v.good with only one layer :/ .

This method works:

You need at least two layers, and the top one should have "Force own texture" enabled, with an object with Erase on it. It'll cut a hole down to the layer below.

thank you

• Erase requires at least 2 layers because its cutting out the image from the layer above so it can reveal what is behind it. Otherwise erase might produce a black colour...or possibly the background colour of the frame. As for the lens and magnify thing I have nothing to say.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)