Letterbox Scale bug

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:23 am

I tested my game that has a window size of 480 x 640 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using CocoonJS compilation APK.

Under project settings in C2, it was a Letterbox Scale. So, I was expecting the game will be in the centre of the screen since Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has an aspect ratio of 16:9 but the game is just 480 x 640. But, it turns out to have expanded outside of my layout + window size of 480 x 640 starting from the top, with a large gap at the bottom that was out of the layout. It works well in browser and node-webkit but doesn't work in the compiled APK. What have I missed?

*P.S. Tell me if you need more info about the game
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:41 am

"Compatibility
The following features are not supported in CocoonJS. If any of them are used, Construct 2 will print a message to the debug log saying that they are not supported.

- The form control plugins Textbox and Button are not supported.
- The XML object is not supported.
- The Facebook object is not supported.
- The letterbox fullscreen modes are not supported. If they are selected, it will fall back to 'Scale outer' mode instead.
- The Text plugin's 'Set web font' action is not supported.
- The WebStorage plugin's session storage is not available. Use local storage or global variables instead."

Either use crosswalks or design you game to adapt itself to multiple aspect ratios
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:54 pm

I see... any news of support for Letterbox Fullscreen modes from Ludei? The game was made specifically to 1 screen size ratio and would not work with multiple screen sizes... I hope they would support them soon :D
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General