Level Builder...

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:06 pm

If you want to make your maps save into an INI file, you can use my example i made for SuperV [url:2no3jfi4]http://www.scirra.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1721[/url:2no3jfi4] (scroll down to the latest version of loader and editor)

Using INI style grouping and values can make 3rd party editing easier/possible, that way you can just tell people who don't like your editing program to go make their own XD
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:39 pm

JayJay, your example is nifty, but it'd be greater if it had the able to test the game. :P
B
G

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Yeah I agree I think Im going to us a combination of both examples along with my own code. Im going to use inis for saving the information but I made a very heavily modified version of davids creation example.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:15 am

[quote="Inzuki":2mic6t81]JayJay, your example is nifty, but it'd be greater if it had the able to test the game. :P[/quote:2mic6t81]

Yeah, it does lack alot of features and ect. Thats why the only "real" part to take as an example is the loading and saving of INI file maps. The current map editing system is terrible and doesnt even save the objects Z order :? hopefully someday I will make an updated/better version.

[quote="Aeal5566":2mic6t81]Yeah I agree I think Im going to us a combination of both examples along with my own code. Im going to use inis for saving the information but I made a very heavily modified version of davids creation example.[/quote:2mic6t81]

Cool, hope it works well for ya :)
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:57 pm

A little suggestion, a "snap to grid" behavior would really be cool for that.
I'm really amazed at what Construct can do, I mean from this I see its possible to make a universal map editor that anyone could use. Heck the sprites don't even have to be "built in".
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:58 pm

SO I got the saving and Now I working on the loading of the objects.... i have one problem i cant set the height and width.

Here is the cap [url:3vr4ltx5]http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fgvzmm2gmxz[/url:3vr4ltx5]

I think the problem is picking the object to set the width an the height and its getting confused and not picking any of them.

Controls:
Pick an object from the select box hit new and click in the editor.
You have to click new for each new object you want to create

WASD will Shrink/Stretch the selected object.
QE will rotate the object but it wont load yet.

And i am aware that I dont have any load commands for the Height and width.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic