Level Editor - Sharing Players level

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi guys !

I've been working on Tiny Clusters for a really long time now. (An old demo here)

The game is alsmot finished but during the developement, I kept having a thought : It would be awesome for the player to create there own levels ! (Community Building - Replayability etc...)

This part is pretty easy since a Level of Tiny Clusters can easily be expressed with an Array or a (pretty long) character string.

The Problem is : How do i make it easy to share levels ?

Please note that this doesn't necessarily mean that players have access to a server or something. It could be a code they have to input, with the obvious constraint that the code should'nt be too difficult to write.

In an ideal world, i would love a solution that would work on mobile and PC.
If this is too complex, PC is the minimum.

I have no previous knowledge in online stuff and looking for ressources &/or directions to follow.

Thanks a lot for your time :)

EDIT : Maybe this is more of a Design issue and i'm not in the right Thread. Feel free to let me know/Move the post.
B

Post » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:46 pm

You would either need a web service or some kind of API/database to do this. You could even build a "level builder"-type C2 application and have it store player-created levels on a database.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:00 am

I'm Gonna Look into firebase, thanks a lot !
B

Return to How do I....?