Level Selection

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Message: EdwardJT92 is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Hey guys I am having some issues in making a Level Selection window for my game.

The issue is that I have a Tutorial for my game where the player learns about the movements/controls and what the individual sprites do with score and overall score etc. And at the end of the Tutorial I want "Level 1" to get unlocked but it will NOT work for me. I am using tutorial to try and get it to work but everytime I try it, it doesn't work or it messes up somehow. The buttons wont show as "Unlocked" or sometimes the buttons show as "Locked" even though I manually changed the "current_level" Global Variable..

Please help me with this as this is a huge thing I need to get to work for my game or it wont be much use to myself or my brother.

Thanks in advance. And sorry if I was a bit confusing, I'm not the best at writing topics on Forums.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Does no one know how to do this?
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:16 pm

without seeing your events/capx we can only guess..

My first guess would be conflicting events..
If you manually changed the current level variable, it's probably an event that changes it again..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:45 pm

May I recommend looking over the tutorial video "Construct 2 Simple platformer (part3)" on YouTube. This part actually goes over unlocking levels in a game by using a global variable that's reached within a layout to unlock another layout. It worked for me.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks both.

YoHoho I will look into that Video and update you with the results.
B
S

Return to How do I....?