lifebar - corner of screen even if moving

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 2:19 pm

@dilk
thanks. but can you help me in my new problem?

basically a few posts above (the very long post). It's about a system that will create number of lifebars the same as number of bosses in any layout (with corresponding functioning individual lifebars as well).

you might be able to fix my problem. thanks

@eli0s
If I code it in a way that the boss objects themselves spawn their own lifebars, I would need to have each of the bosses take a number from 1 to n (total number of bosses).

Do you have idea how I would give them distinct whole numbers starting from 1?

EDIT:

I FIXED IT!!! without using array too!!!!

I found a way to loop through text variables!

thank you eli0s for all your help here. very very very much appreciated!
B
S

Post » Thu May 01, 2014 5:29 pm

I am so glad you found a way around it! Sorry I wasn't able to provide more help, in reality I am a newbie in programming, I find it very difficult to wrap around things that involve preparation and though ahead :O

As fro the last question before your edit, even if it's not relevant for your project now, I think a way to do it will be something like the following:

For (round(random(n)) ----> set BossCount (//this will be a variable with initial value set to 1) + 1

Anyway, congratulations for your success and good luck!

Elias
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 2:57 am

@eli0s
All those past C Language programming classes with countless "for" loop lessons finally paid off for me :)

ok thanks. i'll keep that in mind in case I need it. I'm still having problems right now regarding "connecting/relating" each lifebar to its boss.

"Pick by comparison" only accepts number values so it prohibits me from using expressions involving text variables. This is my current problem.

I tried using number (UID of boss stored in variables) but it doesn't work in pick by comparison so far.

EDIT:
problem fixed
B
S

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 10:28 am

I was going to suggest using a number instead of a name and convert it to a string inside the pick by comparison, but that probably wouldn't work any way.

Glad to hear that you are pushing forward :)
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?