Light Tutorial?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Hello there!
Returning to this forum more and more often, as I love the community of kind and helpful developers, cheers for that :)

I just wanted to ask if anyone have, or know someone who has a great tutorial on light, I can't seem to make the environment to the point where light can be useful haha ;)

I gotta mention that I have searched around on the forum and google, but all the links I could possibly find was either A, broken, or B, not really what I was searching for,

I thank you deeply in Advance for your help haha :)
B
G

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:33 pm

[QUOTE=helehole]...I gotta mention that I have searched around on the forum and google, but all the links I could possibly find was ... or B, not really what I was searching for...[/QUOTE]
It would then be helpful if you would specify what exactly you are trying to find, otherwise you might get help that still isn't what you're looking for
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:39 am

haha I apologize for my lack of specifications ;)
I am making a little top down semi 3D Minecraft copy, and the only thing I just can't really get to work is the day night cycles, I have no clue to how to make it dark in the night, also, I wish to add placeable torches, no need for complicated tilebased light, all I want is some light in the dark ;)
B
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 am

There are a few ways to achieve this. The easiest by far is to use the layer effect "Color Fusion (Masked)".

If you follow the link above, you will also find 2 example caps. Both explain what you want to realize very well.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:38 pm

I thank you so much for taking you time and helping me!
It was exactly what I searched for :D
B
G

Return to Construct Classic Discussion