Lighting by loading individual pixels

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 pm

I think I understand a bit more now, but I don't know how to make the affect only be applied to individual pixels. :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?al7tp44okwlz2c4

Here's my cap under the assumption that I'm not doing any of it right.
B
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:12 am

Please have a look at the examples provided with the effect. Download those caps and investigate them.

The concept of Color Fusion (Masked) is just the other way round than you tried. Also, it clearly said, that it is a layer effect, you won't have much success using it as an object effect.

Start by reading the description in the Color Fusion (Masked) thread, then download both example caps and look how it is done.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:38 pm

If you don't need a sprite to be partially lit (like just lighting only the overlapping light part) then you can make the image of your character in the dark as a separate sprite and always put it on top of the normal sprite, then change the opacity of the dark sprite according with the light intensity. The ligh intensity can be easily calculated using the distance of the sprite to the light source.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Well thank you both for your advice, I have gotten the effect to work now, as I didn't fully read what was written about the effect before. I feel kinda dumb for not doing so. :P

I'm sure I can figure out the rest now.
B
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic