Lighting/shading Help

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:29 am

@breackzin I seen a video on youtube regarding this but with me still being Kinda new im afraid i do not know how to make shadows appear like in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpRIzakjMhM

I am at the moment working on something epic with using the effects we mentioned above.I will post more details on this thread or maybe make a tutorial when im complete.But maybe @GenkiGenga might know alot more about casting shadows than i do,Im sorry i couldnt give you more info,Did you check the Examples and Tuts?

The above link just shows what it looks like and also showcases that it is possible to do.RookieDev2013-06-10 00:30:48
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:09 am

[QUOTE=breackzin] @RookieDev now ask @genkigenga about the shadows. Something like "where're the shadows of my solids?"[/QUOTE]

Im not sure how to take this, is this something you wanted to know yourself or a sarcastic remark? If its the former you don't need to ask it through someone else, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwYnulsnQ8E

I just looked up the game and I don't see any shadow casting from objects. But Rookie is right, check your c2 folder examples and a capx for a similar effect is in there. Whether or not it would be feasible to use it for a massive level is the question.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:40 am

@GenkiGenga I have one more question for you,

If i wanted to create the light itself how would i go about doing that.Was the light sprite made in Construct or was it done in another program? I can easily create another light sprite in photoshop but i wanted to know if all of what is seen it that Tutorial was made in Construct with the animation editor?
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 am

Sorry for the late reply.

No I don't think that light sprite was made in the c2. Its pretty limited in terms of what you can do with the editor graphically. Photoshop would be the go.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 am

Its ok @GenkiGenga i have been in your ear everytime you get on here.I hope im not getting annoying.I wanted to say after trying to recreate the spotlight sprite for myself on photoshop im quite lost.I cant seem to get it the right way.I really thought i would be able to create it.Do you have an idea on how it was made? there is more involved than meets the eye and at times like this i wish i would of stayed in art class.

Edit...I actually figured it out man which is pretty awesome! i lost my touch with photoshop but i managed to figure it out.Thanks for everything thus far @GenkiGenga if it wasnt for you i might be still looking to fix my parallax backround.RookieDev2013-06-10 09:26:28
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:38 am

Ha, glad to hear it.

Your not annoying mate, I have plenty of time for courteous people and I have asked a lot of questions myself so I don't mind answering some too when I get the time.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:43 am

@GenkiGenga Thanks Man, I might have put my cart in front of the horses with this one because im still having issues making these spotlight sprites.If someone can make me a white one i can just colorize it.I dont know why its not working correct for me.I could of swore i had it down.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:52 pm

I like your approach. Jump in the deep end I say :)

A cool thing about images in the editor is that it works both ways, you can import new images but you can also export images that are loaded in previously.

Double click on the light source and you will see in the animations editor you have the option to save it to file. There is your white light. Add a layer on top of that in ps and reduce opacity and you have your coloured light.

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:26 pm

@GenkiGenga that is one of the first things i tried,The main issue im having is it keeps making a backround behind the sprite I dont want to import the white backround.I will try again and again until i get this,I started a thread in the Resource section for anyone that can make these type of sprites so everyone can have them for use in their projects.I really am treading in deep water and i really didnt think this would take me hours to mess with.Thanks again @GenkiGenga
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Ok after a long day and many false alarms on my behalf i finally got the spotlight sprite in game.But with my luck The Destination Out effect changed my blue light sprite to a White light again Do you know why its doing That? Im kinda upset now spending so much time,I hope this is a bug on my part.I will make a new thread about it.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?