Lighting/shading Help

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Ok after a long day and many false alarms on my behalf i finally got the spotlight sprite in game.But with my luck The Destination Out effect changed my blue light sprite to a White light again Do you know why its doing That? Im kinda upset now spending so much time,I hope this is a bug on my part.I will make a new thread about it.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Destination out purely takes the opacity of your image (per pixel), and applies that essentially as a transparency mask. You'll need a second light object that is blue to tint. It isn't that it's changing it to white, it never showed color to begin with.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:12 pm

@C-7 Now im really lost at sea,I understand but i dont understand if that makes sense.How would i go about adding another light? In the lighting example it shows only one sprite as the image unless it was merged with another sprite while in another program.I still dont understand how you would go about adding a second light without the need to merge.Can you explain alittle more about this.I need as much info as possible.Thanks @C-7 you just dont know how long i have been trying to get this right.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Just asking to see if you guys come up with something different from using blend option and a sprite for ever single object.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:51 pm

Ah thanks for the input C-7. I didn't know that.

Sorry to give you the wrong info there rookie, so destination out only works in black and white basically. That's no problem, remember that the light is on the top, we just add the coloured light source object on the layer beneath and drop the opacity so you can see through it.

http://db.tt/twHLC7no
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks @GenkiGenga Its not your fault that im lacking the skills to process the thought of all of this info. You have done more than enough for me in this last few days. I owe you my gratification in every way. I also think your link is Broken it keeps saying file not found.
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Here, I made a capx and I've hosted an example of it in action. This should cover about all you need--it's how I would do it. Things to note:
-I set that layer to "force own texture"
-The lighting object that handles the opacity is "Destination Out"
-The lighting object that handles color is "Additive" at like 25 opacity

Hosted Example: http://adamprack.com/examples/coloredlights/

Sample capx: http://adamprack.com/examples/coloredlights/colorlight.capx
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?