Like money? RIM is practically throwing it at you!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 am

@Tobye: When you ran the bbwp command, did you include the -g STOREPASS section?

Could you try this one more time, and then copy/send me the full console output in an email? (eoros@rim.com) Just so I can verify if any issues occurred?
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:47 am

@WaterlooErik: thanks for the guides, really straightforward!

I successfully packaged a game right now. Unfortunately I didn't know the Vendor Portal had a manual document verification process. I hope my document is verified before I run out of time for the Port-a-Thon.
B

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 am

@alfred: Lou just mentioned you got in touch in the Port-a-Thon, he should be able to sort you out momentarily with the vendor account.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 am

Actually I saw your earlier message regarding Lou Gazzola and he just approved my document :)
B

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:05 am

@WaterlooErik - I tried it again and it comes up with an error saying "Code signing request failed because this version of the application or package has been previously signed. Please increment the version<s> and try signing again."

Also sent you the email.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 am

[QUOTE=Tobye] @WaterlooErik - I tried it again and it comes up with an error saying "Code signing request failed because this version of the application or package has been previously signed. Please increment the version<s> and try signing again."

Also sent you the email.[/QUOTE]

Change the version number in the config.xml:
version="1.0.0.1"

Just add a 1 in the end like that. (worked for me right now);
B

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:28 am

That's exactly it @alfred. Basically, a particular version can only ever be signed once. So if you're going to re-sign, you will need to increment that version manually.

If you're feeling adventurous, check out the Ripple Emulator for Chrome:
https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/download/

It provides a GUI for the command-line and will do that incrementing for you. It may take a bit of playing with but just fire any questions along.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:51 am

@WaterlooErik - Success! I finally got it to work. Out of curiosity, any idea why the first attempt didn't work? Also, how long do you think it will take until I know if it passed or not?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:21 am

@Tobye: Awesome! That makes me happy :-)

As for the failure, I'm not sure. The error meant that the BAR file wasn't signed. Perhaps the -g flag was missed, or maybe you took the 'simulator' version instead of the 'device' version. Maybe the tools just hiccuped?

Sounds like you followed the steps well though so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The review process will likely be a few days just based on the volume of apps (in 11.5 hours we've reached over 8000 apps already.) If by chance the application isn't accepted, you would get an email indicating why and there would still be a time period to resubmit and still meet eligibility for rewards.
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:39 am

@WaterlooErik - Phew, I can only imagine how busy you are...thanks for your help with this and I hope developing for BB is actually this easy!

Good luck!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General