line drawing mechanics help (reward$)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:11 am

Hi guys, im fairly new to construct 2 (only 2 weeks in) and i've hit a road block. Ive been trying to figure out this problem for the last week with no success. Ive had a look at a few other forum posts but they didn't end up working in game. So im looking for someone to write up the code in construct 2 (so i can add it to my project) and for your time im willing to give you a itunes gift card or some cash (in paypal) $30 to $40 maybe more depending how much work is needed.

This is what needs to be done ( drag & drop pics onto desktop to see full pics)
i hope this is easy to understand.

If you have any questions please ask away.

Thanks,
Please PM me the code
B

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:23 am

I have a tool that works like this. However I'm too busy to actually set it up for different paths and walkers. It also doesn't "draw" a line. It just creates points on distant intervals. If a line draw is needed. it's not that hard.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 am

Is this for mobile? Stuff like this probably won't be very performant. No matter what, you're going to be creating a fair number of sprites.

In general for stuff like this it's a lot better to learn and do it yourself. This example actually isn't that difficult! Even if someone else writes out perfect code, implementing it in your game and changing as needed is going to be very frustrating and difficult if you don't understand everything.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:04 am

thanks for your replies,
yes its for mobile. i would love to learn how to do it but i'm just geing nowhere and i'm running out of time. what if i just give someone the code that i have made so far and they implement it straight in?
B

Return to Construct 2 General