Linux version generated with the NW.js it's not working

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
It's here!
$4.95 USD
Creepy and nasty horror track. It's terrifying from the beginning till the end. Goosebumps guaranteed
  • I have exported the linux versions (32/64) through the NW.js but I cannot execute this file. I need to know if this executable really should work or not.

Thanks in advance.

• Have you set the executable-flag (of the file, after you exported it)?

• Hi Eisenhans

No. Could you explain me how I can do it?

Thanks

• Here's a tutorial explaining NWjs export.

• Here's a tutorial explaining NWjs export.

Thanks Colludium,

I have read this tutorial. So I need to use this command (chmod a+x my game) to set the executable-flag, right? I don't have Linux here, but I will ask a friend to do it. Do you know if it is necessary to write the whole path or just use the file name ("nw" in this case)? If I will distribute this file, it will be always necessary to do this procedures on all the machines? If so, I can create a kind of batch file to automate this process?

• I suggest you run a linux distro using Oracle Virtualbox as shown in this how to geeks article, if you don't want to run a dual-boot windows computer. If you change the flag inside your linux distro then the exported game should run (right click on the exported file). I'm not a linux user but I have tinkered with this a bit in the past. You could also try out some of the compile options for NWjs that are available on Github like nw-builder (which I have not used but it looks very useful).

• I forgot to say that I'm a mac user. Do you know any mac version of this program? You suggested the nw-builder and in this case I have to export to HTML5 instead the NW.js, right? I have no idea about how to use it (by the terminal I presume). I need to show the game to a possible client. Can I ask him to apply the command ((chmod a+x my game) just to enable the app in Linux.

• Sorry - I don't know the answers to those questions.... The c2 export will work in linux, all you have to do is right click on the exported executable to enable the permissions. If you want to have a game-icon instead of the default then I think you need to use nw-builder - but I have not used that and I wouldn't know where to start to help you use it on a mac...

• Sorry - I don't know the answers to those questions.... The c2 export will work in linux, all you have to do is right click on the exported executable to enable the permissions. If you want to have a game-icon instead of the default then I think you need to use nw-builder - but I have not used that and I wouldn't know where to start to help you use it on a mac...

Ok. Thank you.

• how would you execute the file in the first place without having linux? xD

And why would you try to under mac?

• It is just a demo I would like to send to a possible client that use Linux. Anyway, I have installed the VirtualBox and the Ubuntu on my Mac (nice! ). Now I can access the files that I generated for Linux. However, even change the file permissions to execute the "nw" file, the system is asking if I want to search for an app to open this file. Can someone help me?

• UP

• I'm still trying to execute the "nw" file without success. Any help, please? Thanks in advance.

• If the files sit in the shared folders (i.e. if you try to access it from within virtualbox, but they still sit on the regular filesystem) you might not be able to change the permission. I'm not familiar with it, but I remember from a long time ago (that was with virtualbox on windows) that you had to mount the shared filesystem in a very specific way and also add your linux user to a specific usergroup to be able to change the permissions and owners accordingly.

The simplest thing would (probably) be to copy the files into the linux file system and not try to get it right on the shared folders.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If the files sit in the shared folders (i.e. if you try to access it from within virtualbox, but they still sit on the regular filesystem) you might not be able to change the permission. I'm not familiar with it, but I remember from a long time ago (that was with virtualbox on windows) that you had to mount the shared filesystem in a very specific way and also add your linux user to a specific usergroup to be able to change the permissions and owners accordingly.

The simplest thing would (probably) be to copy the files into the linux file system and not try to get it right on the shared folders.

Thanks

I will give it a try.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)