List of ideas/suggestions/feedback

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • Yes, another one of my never-ending lists of ideas/suggestions/feedback

I already expressed my enthusiasm about C2. During the work on my Game for the latest competition which was my first major C2 creation I've kept a list of things, ideas, feedback, etc. Here it is: (I'm sure that some of these were already mentioned)

• Zoom-in/out issues - When the browser is not on 100% zoom level all buttons and fields get out of position
    • Follow-Path is needed. There're tons of use for such feature and each time I need one I copy/paste a formula which is simple to re-create but very long
    • When adding/creating a new animation the first line (initial animation) is selected
    • Suggestion: Rotating a sprite with CTRL pressed will turn the spire in 90 degrees steps
    • Suggestion: In image edit window a "Next/Prev" arrows will switch/browse between different sprites
    • Cloning an object with the "sine" behavior will not clone/copy the type of sine the original object has
    • On export a project a "Create index.html" checkbox would be great. When I already have a working index.html file and wish to make a small change in the program itself I find myself exporting the project to a new directory, copy the files in the new directory minus the index, or copy the index file to the new directory + deleting the old directory. Such checkbox will save tons of repeated ritual
    • Same with "re-create all graphics". When I only changed the direction of a bullet (for example) I don't need the whole project re-creating graphics
    • A "Play Sound" when uploading new sounds and/or editing current uploaded files
    • Quad changes - The ability to change (during run-time) each of the 4 image quads of a sprite. This can bring a whole new wave of special-FX, add a semi 3D games, etc.
    • Return on Key press - On my keyboard it's "Enter". Don't know when was the last time I saw a "Return" key. Since we have people from around the globe maybe beginners with a no-return keyboard will have issue with this
    • The need for an "OR" is crucial. I often found myself bypassing the no-OR issue. The simple solution is to duplicate a code section but than one needs to make changes in more than one place
    • Each time I'm testing a code the whole upload/bar screen is adjusted to the left. When the whole project is uploaded the frame is centered. A simple "align=center" in the "body" tag will solve this annoyance (I think)

That's it for now. Hope it's not too much :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Almost forgot: It would be great to be able to press on an object/sprite and have a small event sheet open just for that object.

This way objects can be saved and load in a different project. This will include the graphic and general behavior of the object.

This will also help in building an AI "creatures" library which can be shared by C2 users.

• Hey im new at construct need help any suggestions?

• dudeman101: I suggest you to read New to Construct: where to start and the others tutorials indicated in it, according to your choices/preferences.

• It's the first time I don't get any feedback about my list from high ranks. Is this a hint I should stop making these?

• It's the first time I don't get any feedback about my list from high ranks. Is this a hint I should stop making these?

Perhaps Ashley's To Do List? has had a stack overflow?

From what I've seen, they always appreciate suggestions. They just might be busy.

• We already have far too many suggestions to respond to any new suggestions in a reasonable amount of time, but still I'll try to come back to this list in future.

• Maybe add midi files ?

• I didn't ask for a response to each and every point I mentioned, just a "Ok, we saw the list, some interesting things there. Thanks" or something like that :)

• Hot...

Wait for at least r100 for C2 to be stable then ask

• Kb...

C2 is more stable than I wish for. I never mentioned stability in my list.

• I didn't ask for a response to each and every point I mentioned, just a "Ok, we saw the list, some interesting things there. Thanks" or something like that :)

Don't worry, between us we read just about every post in these forums, they will be read! All suggestions are appreciated :) We just don't always have time to reply to every thread.

• Ok Tom. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)