Little Green [Demo] Now with BOSS

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Hello y'all!

No reading? Just play -> Little Green

For the past few months I've been working on a little project called "Little Green". A few months you say? Well it's technically 4-5hrs a week. That's why.

It's just a simple platformer, give it a go! I recommend playing it in Google Chrome, because Firefox for some reason makes it lag and can spawn some of the enemies in wierd places.

Here's some pictures:

There's 4 levels in total, and I haven't taken a screenshot of the 4th one, you'll have to see for yourself what it is.

Controls:
LEFT/RIGHT or A/D Moves the character Left/Right.
UP or W Makes him jump.
UP or W while in air, makes him double jump.
SHIFT while in air, makes him "float".

So yeah, there you go! Take a quickie through the demo and tell me what you think?

Future plans:

- More animations
- More enemies
- More levels (30 or 50)
- Every 5 level would be a boss level.
- Timestamp for scoreboards (who completes the game the fastest sort-of-thing)
- Better effects

So yeah.

Link again: Little Green

Cheerio!Jonsterz2013-03-11 18:03:03
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Umm, just found a little bug. Just now.

When you jump, on level 3 or 4. The enemies jump aswell, even though I have their platforms "use default keys" set as No, so it shouldn't react to the keystrokes. Why does it do that? It works fine when using the WASD keys.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Very good game, nice graphics and sound. Very hard!
Maybe the main character falls so fast after the jumps, is hard make double jump+glide to reach to higher platforms... but that is the challange

Nice game!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Thanks man!

It's supposed to be hard, and he falls fast because it's ment to be quite fast paced! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 pm

At last I clear all 4 stages, and find some things:

- You are evil when design the levels.
- On level 1 some times when take all the coins and the treasure chest, when you touch the flag nothing happen.
- When jump, if the green guy falls in the edge of a platform (for example on the edge of a slope), that stay here instead of fall and can jump from there.

Continue the game, is great!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 am

[QUOTE=Kuso] At last I clear all 4 stages, and find some things:

- You are evil when design the levels.
- On level 1 some times when take all the coins and the treasure chest, when you touch the flag nothing happen.
- When jump, if the green guy falls in the edge of a platform (for example on the edge of a slope), that stay here instead of fall and can jump from there.

Continue the game, is great![/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, thanks! Yeah it's still a bit buggy, but I'll improve it! And the coin thing, has never happened to me, are you sure you grabbed all the coins?

Yeah, the little guy is a bit sticky on the edges, I'll fix that!

Thanks again! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 am

Yes, I got all the coins, then take the chest and when touch the flag, make the animation and change the colour, but never got to next level.
Maybe could be a fail on explorer (I use Chrome), because I got the coins again, touch the flag without take chest and the bug still. I refresh with F5 and all goes well.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:40 am

[QUOTE=Kuso] Yes, I got all the coins, then take the chest and when touch the flag, make the animation and change the colour, but never got to next level.
Maybe could be a fail on explorer (I use Chrome), because I got the coins again, touch the flag without take chest and the bug still. I refresh with F5 and all goes well.[/QUOTE]

Well, the chest does nothing yet, it's just there, so you don't need it to advance to next level.

And yeah, might be a bit buggy but should work fine on Chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:35 pm

Great start on this! Very challenging (which is awesome) Can not wait to see more.

One thing I would recommend is to recess the ground spikes. It's kinda annoying to die when running into them.. Just my opinion.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:46 pm

[QUOTE=facecjf] Great start on this! Very challenging (which is awesome) Can not wait to see more.

One thing I would recommend is to recess the ground spikes. It's kinda annoying to die when running into them.. Just my opinion. [/QUOTE]

Thanks!

You mean like having a value that states when the player is acctually falling on the spikes, not only touching them?
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations