Little Skaters - on iOS and Android

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Help the cute broccoli to get past all obstacles in his way!
  • Hey all I just published my second game on Android and iOS. It just passed the Apple review about an hour ago! ... Phew!!!

Its called Little Skaters!

You can do skateboarding tricks and dodge obstacles and compete on the leaderboards to see how far you can get. There are characters to unlock (maybe secret characters to discover ). Hopefully its fun to play.

There are no iAPs and it has Interstitial and rewarded ads.

Here are the links:

Little Skaters - iTunes

Little Skaters - GooglePlay

The game was developed in C2 predominantly. The Android version was exported from C2 and built with Cocoon (Webview+) while the iOS version was developed a little further in C3 and published via the C3 build system.

Please let me know any feedback you have below. Im interested to hear about performance, how well does it play on your device?

Also if you find any bugs please post below and Ill fix em.

And let me know if its fun to play! 5 star Ratings Much appreciated!! And now Im gunnu go sleep for a day or two...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've just downloaded the game. Great job!!! Quite a hefty download tho at 73.35mb. Also, the whole game jerks downwards during gameplay. Is that by design? Other than that, I find the game fun and challenging.

• Hi thanks for the feedback. They game shouldn't jerk downwards, gameplay should look like the gif above.

What device / operating system version are you playing on please?

• Cool game! Just downloaded it on iPhone SE and it plays really well + I love all the little touches

• Cool game! Just downloaded it on iPhone SE and it play really well + I love all the little touches

Great to hear it plays well, thanks!

• Is there a particular reason why you developed the game further on Construct 3? I am currently working on an iPhone game with Construct 2 and plan on using Cocoon.

Same question here....

• Awesome stuff and love the art! Works great on my iPhone 8. Is there a particular reason why you developed the game further on Construct 3? I am currently working on an iPhone game with Construct 2 and plan on using Cocoon.

Hey man great to hear it works well on iPhone8. Thanks for the feedback.

You'll probably be fine using Cocoon for iOS if thats your preference. Plenty of people publish to iOS with Cocoon with no trouble. In my case I had problems getting a working iOS version of my game out of Cocoon with both Canvas+ and Webview+. I tried C3 build system as an alternative to see if got better results. There were some adjustments I needed to make when adapting the game from C2 to C3 for ads, various plugins and to get audio to work properly which is why I say the game was developed a little further in C3 for iOS.

• Hi thanks for the feedback. They game shouldn't jerk downwards, gameplay should look like the gif above.

What device / operating system version are you playing on please?

I'm playing it on a Galaxy J5 running Android 7. However, it seems to be more stable now. I've no idea why.

• I'm playing it on a Galaxy J5 running Android 7. However, it seems to be more stable now. I've no idea why.

Ok well that's good to hear. I didn't find any behaviour like that when I was testing. But its possible the game could have glitches on devices I haven't tested. So I definitely want to hear about it others experience similar behaviour.

• Hey!

Congrats for the release.

Y especially love the art style. The game runs a little bit slow in a Samsung Galaxy 8. This is not affecting to gameplay, but as the background moves following the player, I can see how cars and part of the tiles (garden, buildings...) move slowly. Once the character dies and the scroll stops, the performance is great.

By the way, I miss a button for the gacha machine in order to buy a character whenever I want.

• Hey!

Congrats for the release.

Y especially love the art style. The game runs a little bit slow in a Samsung Galaxy 8. This is not affecting to gameplay, but as the background moves following the player, I can see how cars and part of the tiles (garden, buildings...) move slowly. Once the character dies and the scroll stops, the performance is great.

By the way, I miss a button for the gacha machine in order to buy a character whenever I want.

Hey thanks for the feedback.

One of my test devices is a Galaxy S6 and it plays reasonably well on that, so I thought performance would be pretty good on a Galaxy 8 tbh?

• Oh ok! Hopefully I don't run into any issues when I export. Your game works great on my iPad Pro as well. Did you use scale outer? What was your project window size?

Oh great to hear it works well on your iPad. Yes i used scale outer and project window size is 160 x 240, pretty small.

• Wow, brilliant game brilliant graphics.

Plays fine on my Moto G4 which is a pretty crap phone by all accounts.

I was thinking you should really implement a swipe to go forward as well as the tap and you should also allow a tap left third right third screen to go left right as well as the swipe RL. This would cover all intuitive actions. Also sometimes my swipe registered as a tap to go forward killing me. Also sometimes there appears ton of difficult traffic where previously at the same point it wasn't so bad not sure if that's deliberate

anyway , yes

horribly addictive and inspiring.

Nice one.

• Wow, brilliant game brilliant graphics.

Plays fine on my Moto G4 which is a pretty crap phone by all accounts.

I was thinking you should really implement a swipe to go forward as well as the tap and you should also allow a tap left third right third screen to go left right as well as the swipe RL. This would cover all intuitive actions. Also sometimes my swipe registered as a tap to go forward killing me. Also sometimes there appears ton of difficult traffic where previously at the same point it wasn't so bad not sure if that's deliberate

anyway , yes

horribly addictive and inspiring.

Nice one.

Hey thanks for the useful feedback.

I'm not sure about the swipe to go forward because it seems like a slightly more complex action than tapping. A single tap should be the simplest action for moving forward.

Tapping at left/right edge of screen as an alternative to swipe left and right is a good suggestion though. I can look at doing that in an update.

• Great game! How did you manage to use the entire screen on iphone X? I can't get it to work with my games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)