lives bug? need help [solved]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 am

I facing some problem about the lives bug.
At the first time game play . everything going smooth and good.
but when the player lost all of 3 lives and restart the whole game , the lives seem like not working properly..

BugRunner_milkteaProject.capx

I don't know how to fix it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by milktea93 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:21 am

The lives are working.

What is happening is when you die and the layout is restarted the game creates 2 boxes at the first position. That's why you lose 2 lives when you hit the first box you are actually hitting 2 boxes.

It may do it further in the game but I never jumped just let the character hit every box.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:31 am

Minor wrote:The lives are working.

What is happening is when you die and the layout is restarted the game creates 2 boxes at the first position. That's why you lose 2 lives when you hit the first box you are actually hitting 2 boxes.

It may do it further in the game but I never jumped just let the character hit every box.

so .. how do i fix it?? :idea:
B

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Here's a fixed version.

I've changed the box from a tiled background to a sprite. Personally I think using tiled background's as obstacles or items is a bad idea as there are less checks and things you can do on a tiled background than you can do on a sprite.

The last action checks for a sprite overlapping a sprite and destroys the top one. That way 2 can't stack on top of each other. You can't do this sort of check on a tiled background.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:59 pm

Minor wrote:Here's a fixed version.

I've changed the box from a tiled background to a sprite. Personally I think using tiled background's as obstacles or items is a bad idea as there are less checks and things you can do on a tiled background than you can do on a sprite.

The last action checks for a sprite overlapping a sprite and destroys the top one. That way 2 can't stack on top of each other. You can't do this sort of check on a tiled background.

sorry for late reply! you just awesome! save my time to solve this! :D
B

Return to How do I....?